Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: need suggestions for infiltration mission  (Read 1454 times)

BronzeEagle

need suggestions for infiltration mission
« on: 03 Dec 2004, 05:55:13 »
Alright I made this infiltration mission for my campaign.  It's mission one.  Their rules of engagement are to remain unseen and only fire to save the life of a civillian.  They're a special forces unit dropped off in foreign soil to record war atrocities that have been reported by Americans living there so they need to move to a designated camping spot and spend the night.  soon as they land a patrol comes in and threatens the package they're picking up, five college students, they get to the code to engage.  its a small fight about three uaz's with machine guns on them.  What after that though?  
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2004, 05:56:40 by BronzeEagle »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re:need suggestions for infiltration mission
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2004, 06:25:55 »
Escape and set up a new laying up point somewhere. You'll have to avoid enemy patrols etc. You can have a place already marked on the map as an emergency LUP.

The College students could join them, sort of Red Dawn style.

I see multpile possibilities from there on.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2004, 10:49:26 »
what about recruiting civilians or uncovering some conspiracy on the island where you have only 48 hours to save the planet

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 05 Dec 2004, 08:35:42 »
I like the conspiracy part.  Here's what I got so far.  You are a member of a green beret unit sent in because an informant on the island reported of atrocities by the russians in their war on terror there.  Funny how the russians decided to go to Nogova to fight the war on terror and war crimes have been reported by the civillians.  This could all go back to the old fued over land they had during the eighties.  It could all fall on the direction of thier units leader.  The Green Berets are sent in on the mission just to find proof of atrocity.  What they get into as they befriend the informant leads to them uncovering alot, and who the russians pin it on, and how the Green Berets find the true people responsible becomes a story you will be dying to find out the solution to.  Lots of intense fight scenes.  They uncover something special about the informant too.  I'm using Nogova and alot of the more popular addons, about five of them.  

bootneckofficer

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2004, 00:50:59 »
hiya!

u could have the team do greens work (combats and big guns) to start with until they have settled into the country then have them do undercover work (like SAS in Northern Island during the 70s, 80s etc) so that the mission types are very different. They could do assassinations of political peeps on the island then escape to safe house before moving back to their LUP (lying up postion/point).

bootneckofficer

djackl

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2004, 22:59:57 »
Maybe also, once the main bad guy plot has been found out, your team is trapped behind enemy lines and has to sneak out to the good guys and tell them about it.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2004, 02:57:24 »
I've given up this mission and undertaken something more beneficial to my personal cause.  A mission about something im struggling with right now, as a sign of expressing anger which i cannot in real life.  A civillian mission against the american medical industry, who focuses not on longterm health, but quick fixeruppers.  Plus its based on a true story.  The only way I could bring myself to make a U.S. military mission is if I really wanted them to win and I really hated the enemy.  Right now I'm too pissed at the way the U.S. military is being used in current affairs in the real world so, there you have it, thats why i quit the idea.  No motivation.  Sure we're hunting down a terrorist mastermind but, theres just no motivation for me because we think he's in afghanistan but, it'd frustrate me so much if i did a mission where we found him and i turn on the news and we still don't have him.  The story would have to be fictional and have characters and they'd be pretty boring characters anyways.  I like to look at the U.S. Military as a character in itself in both the real and fictional world.  So to take out my frustrations, I make the U.S. military the enemy set in a fictional future where government loopholes protect private organizations who are corrupt.  A future we exist in right now.    
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2004, 03:22:35 by BronzeEagle »