Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anti aircraft bicycles  (Read 389 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Anti aircraft bicycles
« on: 10 Oct 2004, 04:34:26 »
hey i know this sounds really stupit but it is serous.
i was playing around and puting about 70 empty bikes overlaping and then putting a few satchels under them and blowing them. the bikes fly through the air at terific speed. u cant even see them. i put it in the middle of a populated town area,there wasent one building not destroyed. the bikes fly so fast that even there tiny mass can destroy any building. they pass right through it and into the next building and the next and so on until they hit land or go far enough i cant tell how far.  I think this is because the satchels make the bikes bump against eachother allot.

some of them fly straight into the air so i was thinking and i put a chopper hovering 100 feet above the bikes and concentrated the satchels under them so most of the bikes would go straight up. It looked sooo realistic like incredable flak, much better than any script out there, i tried a lot of the scripts. but it makes quite a bit of lag, how could i fix this? so it made less lag with out removing any bicycles?

also it shreded the chopper so how could i decrease its damge because i saw after it landed that the chopper had taken about 5 or six bycyles to the fusealage. they had fused to it.

I know u will think this is stupid untill u try it. But it has alot of potential as flak or even anti infantry because u cant see the bikes unless u put it in slow motion.

thanks/cheers

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:Anti aircraft bicycles
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2004, 15:48:48 »
Sometimes my wife thinks all my computer- and ofp-related problems happens because I have too much free time availiable. Her point beeing: If I didn't spend so much time in the editor I would be able to enjoy the simple gaming experience on a higher level, instead of constatntly trying to figure out how everything works.

But I think I've finally found someone who apparently has more editor time than I do my self.  ;D

How did you get the idea to blow up 70 bicycles??? The BIS-bike always makes me frustrated when the AI tries to use them, but this seems a little bit extreme.

Keep up the good work  :)
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!