Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A Sorta "Jet Set Radio" mission  (Read 1234 times)

Lean Bear

A Sorta "Jet Set Radio" mission
« on: 16 Oct 2004, 16:56:22 »
Has anyone played the game "Jet Set Radio"?

I was thinking what it would be like if there was an OFP mission based on it. Where you had to run around (instead of blade) and "tag" different obstacles to complete different objectives.

Obviously it would have to have a cool, pumping soundtrack playing in the background. 8)

I was thinking that the more adventurous players could design their own "designs" and put them into OFP to use in the mission so people could recognise specific players' tags.

Also, there could be a novelty mission: "Public vs Army" and the public would go around and try and get as many tags on the army's tanks and buildings etc. and the Army would have to go around tagging as many civy cars and buildings as possible before the time runs out.

There are no ends to the possibilities of mission types. The on I stated above, a normal tag-as-much-as-you-can-before-the-time-runs-out, team versions, missions where you have to tag certain objects to progress, CTI-style tag matches, and the more unique ones like whoever can get their tag highest wins etc.

There is one problem (isn't there always ;)). I don't have the slightest idea how to make the tags appear on buildings. ??? I think it would be possible if the tags were always in a set place but It would be better if the tags appeared where-ever the player is looking (anims etc are easy to do, so don't worry about that).

I would just like to emphasize that I am most deffinately NOT a vandal, I just think it would be a really good mission type.

Below are some attached pics. Feel free to look and see what I whipped together. I was hoping this would be what the mission would kinda look like. Obviously, I didn't spend much time on them (normally there would be loads of layers).
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 17:12:40 by Lean Bear »

Lean Bear

Re:A Sorta "Jet Set Radio" mission
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2004, 17:17:02 »
Sorry about the really tiny pictures. I was gonna put a link to the pictures but I can't upload them onto my site until tomorrow (maybe).

edit
Obviously, resizing the images was the only way I could get them down to the 50k limit.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 17:21:47 by Lean Bear »

Lean Bear

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2004, 17:20:10 »
OK, last pic for now. I did more but i figured that these were the pic of the bunch. ;)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2004, 21:48:33 »
You again? :P To many decent ideas you've got ;)

Anyway, you could make invisble "wall" type things you could setobjecttexture, without editing anything, then addaction on them, spray paint
Simple!... ::)
- Ben

Lean Bear

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2004, 23:05:09 »
Anyway, you could make invisble "wall" type things you could setobjecttexture, without editing anything, then addaction on them, spray paint

But wouldn't that make the design/tag appear on the same place on the wall, every time?