Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEW UK Campaign  (Read 1611 times)

Macdaddyray

NEW UK Campaign
« on: 31 May 2004, 23:51:52 »
OK Guys,
           Its about time their was a british campaign. The story as it goes and you guys should look at is sierra leone in 2000. An operation took place that put the Uk back at the top of whos best. Even the US congratulated us on the operation. Three services were involved in main operation which was to rescue 7 guys (6 irish regiment and 1 sierra leone corporal) from the clutches of the west side boys. (West side boys were guerillas who had killed their own parents, constantly high on drugs and alcohol and had a witch doctor who washed them in magic water so British Bullets would bounce off them!). Britain sent in SAS who found where hostages were been kept and then sent paras and SBS in to sterilise the camp. A mercenary mil 24 provided cover. (The pilot of the mil 24 has the most combat flying hours of any pilot in the world) and is not UK or US. The night before the attack Britain sent the west side boys a truck of beer as a gesture (How thoughtful). At approx six in the morning 2 chinooks followed the river to the camp under surveillance by the SAS, no guards were aware of the approaching choppers. The chinooks hovered over the camp and let their flares go off while the PARAS went down the ropes. West side boys ran outside firing AKs in the air whilst in their underwear. The SAS moved from their OB post and to cut a bit out rescued the hostages piled onto the choppers and left. Paras were left on the ground firing a pitched battle against an enemy who thought they were invincible to Uk bullets. A sierra leone mortar landed on the para command post injuring six people. A uk officer took control and realised that unless something was done they would be overun by 200+ WSB. FIX bayonets! and up and at them. The west side boys had never met an enemy that would face them directly without fear. They ran and we chased all the way across the guinea border wher they got crushed by guinea armed forces. The WSB leader was captured cowering under his bunk. 1 uk SAS man died in the attack and Official reports say only 25 rebels were killed. People who were there know you can times that by 10.
                                              Anybody want to help me.
                                                                          Andy

Another situation to do a mission on,

Chopper rescues Para in Sierra Leone rebel zone

Special report: Sierra Leone

Amelia Hill
Sunday July 16, 2000
The Observer

A British Army major trapped behind rebel lines in Sierra Leone for two months was heading home yesterday after a dramatic rescue operation by helicopter-borne British troops and a heavily-armed United Nations force. Two Indian peacekeepers were shot and a number of rebels killed.
Major Andrew Harrison, an unarmed UN observer who was captured by rebels in the war-torn African state in May, will fly into RAF Northolt near London tonight to be reunited with his family. He had to be left behind last month when British forces pulled out of Sierra Leone.

Harrison and 10 other military observers were freed together with 222 Indian UN peacekepers who had been surrounded by rebel forces of the Revolutionary United town of Kailahun.

Some 1,000 troops from Ghana, Nigeria and India took part in the rescue operation at dawn yesterday, launching a lightning raid which caught the rebels completely by surprise. The troops swooped in with British military Chinook helicopters, airlifting to safety the military observers and 29 peacekeepers who were too sick to travel by road. They were flown back to the Sierra Leone capital Freetown.

The UN force then traded heavy fire with rebel forces. The rare display of aggression by the UN was sparked after it had received a distress signal warning that food and medical supplies in the compound where its peacekeepers were being held were in dangerously short supply.

The UN said: 'In view of the imminent danger posed to the very survival of the 233 peacekeepers (and observers), UNAMSIL[The UN force in Sierra Leone] swung into action'.

Last night the UN convoy which was backed up with helicopter gunships were facing heavy rebel gunfire as they marched the 50 miles through rebel-controlled territory towards the UN con trolled town of Daru. Their movement was also being badly hampered by torrential downpours.

A UN spokeswoman said: 'They (the U.N. force) have to clear the road as they come along,'. The trapped peacekeepers were in armoured personnel carriers but the state of the roads was a problem because of the heavy rains.

Major Arun Anthanarayan, a senior peacekeeping officer, described the situation as 'still fluid' and said the RUF had suffered heavy casualties.

He said: ' RUF rebels did engage our column extensively and our troops had to carry out firing.'

On landing in Freetown Major Harrison said: 'Its great to be back..but our thoughts are with the [Indian peacekeepers] who are still travelling to Daru.'

Meanwhile the first harrowing details of the hostages' captivity begun to emerge. Harrison spoke about his 11-day period of captivity in early May when he was 'maltreated' by the RUF.

The officer who had communicated with his family using a satellite phone smuggled into the camp by the SAS is believed to have been heavily beaten by his captors.

After 11-days of captivity Harrison was then allowed to join the battalion of 222 Indian UN peackeepers packed into a base in rebel-held Kailahun measuring 500 by 500 yards.

Although they still had their weapons, over the past two weeks the rebels had refused to allow the UN force in Sierra Leone to send them food supplies by road or air.

The Ministry of Defence in London said Major Harrison was 'safe and well'. His wife Caroline said from her London home: 'We are absolutely delighted and relieved that Andrew and the others are safe.

'We are looking forward to resuming normal family life as soon as possible and we can only say the sincerest of thanks to the UN and everyone involved in supporting him throughout his detention and for helping him now to freedom.'

Last month a family friend had spoke of their frustration at the MoD for not reply to any letter and ignored appeals for explanations.

Defence minister Geoff Hoon said: 'I can confirm that British forces were involved in the operation.' He had spoken to Harrison last Wednesday on the satellite phone.

Hoon said Harrison's first concern after his family was that he wanted to know what had happened in the Euro 2000 football tournament. 'He had heard the England v Portugal game in the middle of the jungle, but because he did not speak any Portuguese he thought the score had been 2-0'

Maj Harrison, who has previously served in the Gulf War and Northern Ireland, as well as a more recent posting to Sandhurst, was among around 500 UNAMSIL peacekeepers taken hostage by the RUF at the start of the latest round of troubles in Sierra Leone, where intermittent civil war has dragged on for a decade.

Three other Britons taken captive at the same time - Maj Phil Ashby, Maj Andrew Samsonoff and Lieutenant-Commander Paul Rowland - managed to escape in a dramatic jungle trek in May.

« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2004, 00:01:19 by Macdaddyray »

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
Re:NEW UK Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2004, 00:11:53 »
I noticed they saved 6 irish regiment guys. I'm irish and am more than willing to do voice acting, also i think it's a great idea.
What map would you use or would you make your own custom sierra leone map. If you did it would give u more flexibility with the setting for the mission and you could create a good atmosphere that pleased you.

(Side Note: This should really be in Mission ideas Depot ;))

I am more than willing to help, just IM me ;D

Hauk

EX-PARA

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jun 2004, 03:03:52 »
Hi Macdaddyray,

Don't believe everything you read in newspapers or what is said in a statement.
It all seems so straightforward on paper or after the event but when you are actually in the thick of it then things seem rather different.
No simulation software or video game can really capture the horror of real life situations like Sierra Leone.

EX-PARA

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2004, 11:17:21 »
hey

Nice idea m8, a hell of a lot of typin, lol.
A british campaign is going to be kicking off in a few weeks, Operation Three Lions but the more Brit campaigns the better!

Oh and btw Hauk this is the mission ideas depot!   ::)

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2004, 11:30:31 »
No 1 does it better than the Brits!!   ;D

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2004, 11:35:23 »
I second that Gooner861!!!!!!     ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

StonedSoldier

« Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2004, 11:49:46 »
i agree ^

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 01 Jun 2004, 13:11:29 »
Not saying that anyone else is crapper than us ..... well maybe the ....... no better not say, dnt want to cause offence. But i think u know who i mean.  ;) ;D

PaulRPG

« Reply #8 on: 01 Jun 2004, 20:26:02 »
ill help with the campaign, well, im scottish and i dont seem to have much of an accent. mayby a squad from the Scots gaurd?

@gooner lol, leave the insults to the imagination, dont get in trbl. lol
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2004, 20:28:54 by PaulRPG »

Unknown_Soldier

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2004, 14:46:53 »
Sounds like a good idea, been wanting a UK campaign since OFP was released.

Oh, and I think we all know whop you mean.

;) ;)