Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Battle Royale" MP level  (Read 23516 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:"Battle Royale" MP level
« Reply #75 on: 02 Sep 2004, 01:17:46 »
Sorry posted the wrong picture.

Try this one.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Lean Bear

« Reply #76 on: 02 Sep 2004, 11:07:09 »
Thank you Planck. I will cheack it out asap. :)

In the meantime... Here is the "forbidden zones sorting out mission" with no addons.

Note: The ammo crate at the bottom of the map is the unit that execs the "forbiddenzonesn" script. ;)

Lean Bear

« Reply #77 on: 02 Sep 2004, 11:10:55 »
Planck,

That map was great, exactly the right size. But how do I get it to 8bit .bmp?

Lean Bear

« Reply #78 on: 02 Sep 2004, 11:13:08 »
Never mind, I figured it out ;)

So... map up soon ;D

Lean Bear

« Reply #79 on: 02 Sep 2004, 21:47:06 »
yO-K. The before-Alpha release of the island is ready. It has a few rocks and a lighthouse as objects. The textures are at base level. The hills sure were hilly in the first version so I had to tone them down a bit so you didn't have to hike up them all the time. (Reason: Basically it makes the island appear twice as large!!! Its meant to be small. It looks small enough from the top-down view but when you are running around it takes ages to get from A to B whereas, as the crow flies, it should take no time at all.)

Fork model is almost done. I am on the texturing stages right now. I am using the pictures from the website of the film to use as the model. So film weapons where necessary.

I am thinking about how to do the poison. Can anyone help me figure it out?

If you want to see the island, PM me with your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Matt Walter

« Reply #80 on: 02 Sep 2004, 23:10:55 »
Maybe the poison will be hard. In OFP, you never need to eat, so you can't just slip poison in food like in the movie. You could make it throwable and have an affect like the holy water or the cocktail, and people in the radius die with a gagging affect... If anyone has a better idea about the poison, please say something.

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #81 on: 03 Sep 2004, 01:07:57 »
Hi guys. I am really interested in this idea. I briefly thought about how this would work in OFP when I first saw BR a couple of years ago. Let me know if you need any scripting help. I'll have a look into how it might be made.

Lean Bear

« Reply #82 on: 03 Sep 2004, 10:29:51 »
OK, the poision. I think there should be 2 types of attack with the poison. "Dust"//or whatever name we give it. - Where it is used like Matt said:

You could make it throwable and have an affect like the holy water or the cocktail, and people in the radius die with a gagging affect...

And the other option could be to use it like in the film. But that would mean either having a sort of health/ thirst bar added that slowly decreases over time, and drinking water from the well would replenish it. Or if you find food that would do it as well. I could make an item called "rations" in O2 (model and all) and since everyone only has one weapon the rations could be the water and bread the kids get in their bags. Say, two or three rations. If you can scavage for food in houses etc. then they can be picked up like taking ammo and then used!

The point is, if food and water were scattered around the area, you could put poison on it and if someone eats it well...... :-X

What do you think?

Hi guys. I am really interested in this idea. I briefly thought about how this would work in OFP when I first saw BR a couple of years ago. Let me know if you need any scripting help. I'll have a look into how it might be made.

Are you a sight for sore eyes. DBR_ONIX is working on the forbidden zones script but if you could try and fix it too that would be great ;)

Download the mission to fix the script from my post earlier on this page. Thanks! ;)

edit

Oh yeah. Since this is deffinately gonna have to be a mod. I thought I would design a logo. Here is the link
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2004, 11:25:38 by Lean Bear »

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #83 on: 03 Sep 2004, 13:14:16 »
I just downloaded that file but I need these addons:

sebnam_ci, blackman, objects, ags_build2, PCship, Baracken, lestersrl, mistress, sebnam_wp

I don't have any MP scripting knowledge, but I'll try and knock up a simple SP version. I've started to place down markers and triggers over the map grid and it's taking shape. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

Lean Bear

« Reply #84 on: 03 Sep 2004, 14:32:44 »
Trust me, Skumball, there were no addons on the mission. I removed everything except for one ammo crate and a couple of civilian men (all ones that come with OFP anyway).

I guess you must of downloaded the first one I posted when I had all the addons n it.

Fork is ready for release. (I am very pleased with it - the level of detail is great! And I don't mean the LODs or anything. I mean I modeled everything from the slight bends in the prongs of the fork to the handle being almost exactly the right length. The textures are homemade but they look OK.

I am just finishing off the config file as I wirte this. I will edit this post later with the picture from O2 and the picture that will appear on the gear screen.

Animations still to do. I'm not great with OFPAnim but I did one of a man swinging a baseball bat but when I play it the bat stays in the same place!!!

Keep up the good work everyone.  ;)

edit

OK here is the picture of the fork that will appear in the gear screen.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2004, 14:48:37 by Lean Bear »

Lean Bear

« Reply #85 on: 03 Sep 2004, 15:42:13 »
Here is the picture of the fork in O2

Lean Bear

« Reply #86 on: 03 Sep 2004, 21:31:12 »
OK. This is going to take two posts. I've done the axe/ hatchet (in BR it was used by Oki and he got impaled with it by accident)

The textures are again homemade but here they look scrapy in some places. They look too "fashioned" - i dunno something like that.

Anyway. No animations yet for it though. Here is the pic of it in the gear screen. As before the O2 model will appear in the following post.

Lean Bear

« Reply #87 on: 03 Sep 2004, 21:32:50 »
Here is the axe in O2:

edit
Trust me, its not that bad looking in O2. Its just that if I made the quality any bigger then it wouldn't be able to be posted here.  :-\
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2004, 21:34:55 by Lean Bear »

Matt Walter

« Reply #88 on: 04 Sep 2004, 01:35:12 »
Back to the poison, I like the ration idea. You could use the poison as an attack, and a trickery weapon. For example, you are with a group of players that are trying to figure out a plan to get off the island but, it seems hopeless and you have poison, just sneak in the poison and you would be the winner, it would make an edge of paranoia to always be around. Also you shouldn't just have poison for on time use, that takes the fun out of it, make 10 or something.

One more thing, I think some randomly placed weapons would rock. I am not talking about any M-60, but I think a poll or something like that... especially if you have poison and want to act like you got another weapon to backstab your friends later on.

Matt Walter

« Reply #89 on: 04 Sep 2004, 02:37:01 »
SOMEONE IS COPYING US! :o

http://www.freewebs.com/wilson510/islands2.htm

scroll down and you will see