Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New zombie campaign  (Read 1058 times)

Tonepal

New zombie campaign
« on: 11 Sep 2004, 01:45:20 »
This is Tony here and I've made a new zombie campaign for all you zombie fans. I'm so far halfway through making it. Pleae feel free to give ideas for any missions1 or if you want to have a go at one of my demo missions please feel free to email me at Tonepal@hotmail.com.
B.T.W. I really need someone to do the voices of some of the guys for me. If you're interested I can send you a list of the types of voices that I need.

1The campaign is based on parasites that infect the hosts body and control it like a marionette. ;)

Matt Walter

Re:New zombie campaign
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2004, 17:30:30 »
Hi. I have some ideas for you, although you are already half way done, they might not be as helpful but I will still tell them to you.

I didn't think of this idea my self (at least the build up and the environment part), it was from another forum. The environment is very important to a horror campaign. It doesn't have to be at night, but foggy is a must. The first two to three missions should be a build up for the horror. No zombies yet. The soldiers, or who ever, find abandoned towns and things like that. Then after those build up missions, you go to a town and you *think* it is abandoned to. You are about to leave and the driver is having engine trouble, you wait around then notice people walking to you in the fog. The troops yell at them like, "come over here!", "where have you all been", and such. And when they come close enough the troops notice they are bloody. The troops don't know what to think. They notice they are surrounded. The troops warn them to leave, and then open fire. You have to battle them off until the driver fixes the engine and you can drive out of there. After that, is up too you.

Another idea is maybe another country hears about the disaster. The get units to an off area air base (like in Nogovo's north airport... it isn't connected to the island)-- this would be latter in the campaign. The know zombies are involved, but other then that are just rumors. A few heli flies to help the troops on the mainland. You second character's (he would be a combat medic) heli happens to land in a bad spot. Zombies are surrounding you and bit a few teammates. Since the Intel about the zombies is quite low, you ask for a medic heli to pick up your bitten comrades. It does and you fly back to the main base. You put the troops in a tent with bitten troops already in there. You walk the troops in and lay them down. You are trying to help them, then all the sudden your first character walks in. he yells at you and says "they are going to become zombies, kill them before it's too late!" but it is too late, they become zombies. You two are stuck in the middle of them all. If any of you die, it is mission failed. You have to get out of there and then get a fellow tank to blow them up once you are out.

I think at the end, every on should die. It would give it a nice dark zombie movie feel. But before the campaign is over, there should be something that you think would be hope, like a type of vaccine or something, but like in Day of the Dead, it all goes to heck. And instead of your characters living, I think no on should live... but it is up to you. Hope I helped.  ;)

Tonepal

Re:Idea 4 ur next zombie campaign
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2004, 06:18:05 »
That's a good idea mate, :) as you mentioned I've already made the environment stormy and foggy and I've also included the northern airport in this campaign as well. Basically I'll tell you how it all starts, I have a cutscene explaining how many civilians are going missing around the area of Kvilda, parts of them being found around their houses. After that it shows them seeing a crashed helicopter on the ground, they go to investigate (this is when the zombie chopper pilot comes in handy! :) ) and they find a man who appears to be deceased in the pilot seat. Afterwards, Alias is searching the body of a pilot lying on the ground. Stands up and starts to walk off when he is attacked and eventually dies. Dean shoots at the zombie but it won't fall. They run back to the chopper and get in. When they are flying through the air a zombie who creeped on board kills the pilots and the soldiers end up having to eject :o. The first mission is about finding your team and trying to get to a safe town. (except as you probably guessed it has been overrun as well ;) )
 I don't want to give it all away so anyone can just send me an email for the screenshots or a demo mission if you want. Anyway, here is the title for it which I did in PhotoStudio.