Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need help with mission idea  (Read 1279 times)

BronzeEagle

I need help with mission idea
« on: 01 Jul 2004, 21:44:03 »
sidenote: No talk of sci fi I know but its very questionable because we've talked about certain things sci fi but i remember a mod saying lets not talk about how cool such and such addon is.  I just have a mission idea that i need help on since this is mission ideas.  we won't go into how cool nothing is so I don't see this as sci fi talk.  This is a mission idea.  If you find me incorrect close this but plz read it first.  I'm stuck on what to do next for this idea:  An alien organism has been discovered in the jungle by the colonists there.  The U.S.

military sends a security force to investigate.  They end up shooting one dead, then go back to get

one alive.  They set a trap and get the organism to chase them and catch it.  They keep it and do research.

What's the next move?  Catch more?  Evacuate?  Find the source?      

PaulRPG

Re:I need help with mission idea
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul 2004, 14:11:56 »
id say escape but ull have some trbl with the creatures

Gooner861

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul 2004, 18:33:15 »
I'd stay away frm the sci fi genre in my opinion. I think it just doesnt suit OFP  ;D .

Gooner

SH@dow 113

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jul 2004, 19:48:21 »
@ BronzeEagle: what addons r u using? If its SST i would be delighted to help  ;D, otherwise: il still be delighted to help  ;)

If interested: rodewijn1@hotmail.com is my MSN.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2004, 15:16:28 »
You don't need to use an alien addon. Make him a shap shifter or invisible. You can create cutscenes that do not show the alien. This would add suspense and intirgue. I don't know. I like the idea though.

Ade

« Reply #5 on: 09 Jul 2004, 16:07:08 »
Bronze,

There is an excellent mission called 'Operation Firelord' which you may or may not have played - it's on http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=255

This is one idea of how you can handle the sort of plot you are talking about -  I reckon the idea of shape-shifting opposition could be really fun with a bit of crafty scripting.  Maybe think "The Thing" - could you script it so that members of the player's squad get randomly taken over by parasites/bacteria/fungus/telepathy and attack their mates?

Ade