Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ronin  (Read 1618 times)

Gooner861

Ronin
« on: 21 May 2004, 18:35:25 »
Ive just watched the film Ronin with De Niro in it and i think there cud be missions around the story of it.

Well maybe not the story but wot the people are, they are mercenaries hired by particualr people or groups to perform a task. Like in the film the group has to capture a briefcase by ambushing a four car convoy.

Wot u think?

Kaliyuga

Re:Ronin
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2004, 19:04:21 »
ahh yes.. but the million dollar question is..  

just what was in that briefcase :P

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2004, 19:23:37 »
everon cartel released a briefcase.  its possible.  id help with the missions if you seen the movie and know how they go.  

Gooner861

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2004, 22:49:08 »
Ur rite wot was in that briefcase??  ???

Haven'e got time to tell the whole story but i'll put the main points of it.

Sum dude's are hired by this irish women called deirdre( can't spell) and they are taken to sum meeting point which will be their HQ. I think they hired this ex-CIA guy (De Niro), this french dude who cud get all the equipment u needed (Jean Reno), this getaway driver dude, sum ex military dude (sean bean), this ex-KGB guy. There not really given much info on the job, there just told that they have to get a briefcase off this guy who's well guarded and armed. There not told who they are, wots in the briefcase etc.
They have to recon the guy with the briefcase -  get info on how many guys etc.

They plan to ambush the convoy. They stop at sum traffic lights. Take out the first car, shoot sum guys, the car with the briefcase buggers off, u have to chase - kill dude but ur betrayed by the ex-KGB man who changes the case wit a fake one which is a bomb. KGB guy plans to sell it to the russians etc etc.

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2004, 23:09:06 »
Just something to say that you spelt "Deirdre" right :D

(I'm Irish) ;)

Hauk

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2004, 17:53:23 »
In the ECL safepack theres this mission where you shoot a guy and an object appears next to his dead body.  Perhaps if you shot the guy you could use this script to make the briefcase appear, then use another script to "take" the briefcase.  It won't really appear in your inventory but you will take it and be able to drop it anywhere you please.  Sounds short to me.  A simple car chase and return a briefcase.  Anyhow, to shoot a car you gotta be on your feet.  But lets say you were in a littlebird...now it gets interesting.  You're in civillian clothing, chasing down guys with sophisticated hk submachine guns and they get out the car to buck at you.  Now thats cool.  You kill a guy and the briefcase appears  you return it back.  Even if this was a single mission the changes would be worth it.  This idea used the hk pack for the submachine guns, ecl safepack for the briefcase, car addon for the car, and littlebird for the littlebird.    

Gooner861

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2004, 22:40:23 »
Wudn't it b 2 easy with littlebirds?

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2004, 16:09:10 »
Oh and the Sean Bean character....hes not really ex mil, just lying about it.......

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2004, 18:08:19 »
you could have a car chase without littlebirds but how you going to stop the car?  I'm not telling.  Littlebirds wouldn't be too easy if you used, ahem like i mentioned, the one with the mp5.  I didn't mention the one with rockets.   That'd be easy because you could just blow the car up, but i mentioned the one with mp5 where its not steady and the ammo isn't that strong.  

1shottokill

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2004, 18:03:25 »
Yeah you could do that, but you's need to make quite a lot of weapons for it like the M249 SAW, a lot of pistols, a M79, and a few cars as well and a new island!! :P Oh and there was nothing in the case it was just a plot to kill Shamus

BronzeEagle

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2004, 18:34:20 »
If you want to explore this idea I'll help.  I'm sure we could use the troublemakers mcmalden in some way with this and perhaps the girl from kill bill.  

Gooner861

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2004, 19:12:37 »
Im not really that fussed about making it anymore but please feel free to make it if u wish. Good luck with it if u try and make it.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2004, 20:12:26 »
Nah.  I just remembered I got a few other projects im trying to get off the ground.  Specifically is my futuristic mission about a cop trying to stop a biker gang who happen to be a group of deadly assassins.  
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2004, 20:13:57 by BronzeEagle »