Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RKSL-US Camo Net BETA  (Read 1340 times)

Rockape

RKSL-US Camo Net BETA
« on: 29 Apr 2004, 00:27:39 »
I've been putting together a Camo  Netting pack, one of the the things seemingly lacking from ofp.

The idea had been to create 3 different styles of net with 3 different colour schemes eg US, UK and Generic patterns in Woodland, Desert and Snow.

Each pack should include 7 different nets in all 3 coulour schemes.

Howitzer Camo Net
Lean-to
Opensided Tent covered in net
"Scud" Net for hiding vehicles etc
Large Tent Style Net for command centers etc
Sniper Hide
"Hanger" Net
"Garage" Net

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the first pack in the next few days and complete the Desert and Snow packs after the weekend.

I've loaded them up to my website but registration is required.  Apologies for this but we've had problems with file leeching in the past.  I'd be gratefull if people could provide mirrors.

DOWNLOAD THE US CAMO NETS VER 0.93BETA

Thanks guys!

Rock

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:RKSL-US Camo Net BETA
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2004, 07:32:05 »
MIRROR (252k, no login required)

Wow, these look great! I'm so glad that somebody is making something like this! There are just so few addons out there that aren't units or vehicles. Its great to see somebody making something as essential as camo netting, which has rarely been done before.

My only critique would be that all the camo nets like that that I've seen had different supports than in yours. I've always seen them with a sort of upside-down anchor looking thing. Sorry, I can't find any pics :(, but I'll try to describe it: take one of the center supports in the "large net". Make the diagonal supports point downward instead of up, and move them up so they connect at the top of the pole. The end of those diagonal supports have a flat, kinda leaf-shaped piece on them. The whole support is made of aluminum, and painted green (or tan for desert). Again, sorry I can't find any pics. :(

Great work! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2004, 07:33:22 by General Barron »
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2004, 07:47:53 »
Hey!

Actually, I can offer a good description of the "spreaders" used to support the net, and hopefully I can find a link with some pics.  The poles are segmented aluminum poles about 1.5m high per section, and are topped with a separate three leafed "collapsing" fiberglass spreader about 2m in diameter (when separated out)  and 1/4 inch thick.  From the pole, they taper from about 6 inches in width to about 4 inches, where they terminate with a 6 inch diameter circle (kind of an extruded keyhole shape). The weight of the net causes them to sag downwards a bit.

Anyway, I am extremely interested in the sniper hide, but your site wouldn't let me in to the download section even after registering fully ???
Is that part of the site active yet?

-Grendel

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2004, 21:16:07 »
Sniper hide!!!!! :D
Looks nice from the screens, downloading now :)
There is a single camo net that the editor upgrade give (I think it is that anyway).. but no where near as nice looking as yours :)

- Ben

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2004, 17:41:08 »
I like the teaser pack a lot. They work especially well on Kolgujev. I don't think that the wooden props are the right colour though nor the wooden floor. maybe a Google search would turn up some good photos of "wooden fencing" or summit. I dunno. You're probably way ahead of me anyway.
Good work. In fact scatch that.
Excellant work  ;D
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Rockape

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2004, 17:49:17 »
I like the teaser pack a lot. They work especially well on Kolgujev. I don't think that the wooden props are the right colour though nor the wooden floor. maybe a Google search would turn up some good photos of "wooden fencing" or summit. I dunno. You're probably way ahead of me anyway.
Good work. In fact scatch that.
Excellant work  

Thanks, the feedback so far has been excellant.  But the common consensus seems to agree with you.  The props and supports are getting reworked into brushed green aluminium and slimmed down.

The floor is also getting a more worn darker texture but this is delaying the release a little biut just to get it right.

I'm probably going to end up releasing the pack mid next week now.  I need a break from camoflage nets.  Everywhere I go now I'm examining bushes for colour and textures.  My girlfriend is starting to get very worried.  :P

deerstalker

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2004, 07:13:02 »
DAmned good- we're using them for our private missions online.
VERY popular! Every mish has at least one.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2004, 17:16:42 »
Hey
Downloaded 'em
Good stuff :D

Waiting for a beta sniper hide ;)
I can't wait! :D

Anyway, good luck with everything
- Ben