Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pending submissions are piling up!  (Read 3152 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Pending submissions are piling up!
« on: 14 Apr 2004, 07:32:25 »
Okay, I don't want to be rude here, and I appreciate the work that the OFPEC staff does for the community. But really, something needs to be said here.

There are currently 40+ pending submissions in the editors depot!

Somebody needs to start moving some of these submissions out of the 'pending' section and into the real ed depot. The oldest submission in there is almost 8 months old!!! Those people who have submitted resources to this site deserve the respect of having their work acknowledged by being moved into the ed depot, and a news submission being posted on the OFPEC main page.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect, but after 8 months, one starts to think that the 'pending' section has just been forgotten about by the staff. On another related note, it still is impossible to modify your pending submissions. It has been that way since last october, which again makes me think that it has just been forgotten about....
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
Re:Pending submissions are piling up!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2004, 12:14:56 »
I think there are still technical problems. Or this section is the last thing that will be fixed - who knows ?

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2004, 09:12:15 »
*sigh*
Okay, I don't want to be rude here
You started well enough, but failed to hold true to that opening.

Trust me, the staff are VERY aware of the current problems.
So while your post wasn't meant to be disrespectful, it certainly comes across as demanding and a tad insulting, and thats the last thing anyone needs at the moment.

The Ed Depot, along with other 'broken' parts of the site, are being worked on as fast as RL allows for[/u][/i], which isn't much of an allowance given the RL circumstances for our coders.
As I've posted in the Temp Recruitment thread, its reached the point where I'm learning PHP myself so that we can hasten our fixes.

So while we certainly appreciate the inconvenience caused by the site issues, we ask that you wait patiently for the fixes to be implemented.
Otherwise, you'll just end up getting highly annoyed replies like this one.

PS: I think the implication that we're "disrespecting submitters" is a low blow. Even items in the Pending section are still accessable and people are posting positive comments about them, so they are hardly inaccessable and unacknowledged.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Havok66

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2004, 12:10:20 »
Hey Noon486
Ive just read this thread and you said you were learning php yourself? Where could i go to learn php or is a member of your staff teaching you?
Thanks ;D

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2004, 23:53:20 »
Noon486? lol, I tend to think of myself as quicker than that old CPU. ;)

I'm running through several online tutorials at the moment (just google "comprehensive PHP Tutorial" and you'll get a few good links to chase up) which have been a good start. Once I'm finished with those, I'll be looking at investing in some manuals/books to further the education.

Outside help is from my boss, who wants me to learn PHP/MySQL anyway. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Havok66

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2004, 09:24:31 »
Thanks

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2004, 15:28:50 »
Is this the same with Missions Depot? Because I haven't seen a review in quite a while or is it just the reviewers who hasn't got time to review yet? Cheers.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2004, 15:36:31 »
I think if you look you will see that quite a few have been reviewed lately armstrong.

Latest item on the Front page is about a mission that has just been reviewed.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2004, 20:01:43 »
Sorry Noon, I guess that did come across a little harsher than I meant it. I guess I didn't realize that part of the site was still broken; I thought someone just needed to 'unpend' the item, but that no one was doing it. No offense intended  :-\
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2004, 09:29:22 »
No worries General Barron. The issues in the Ed Depot have been fixed now, and I've put out a call to arms in the Ed Depot staff forums. Hopefully we can wittle down the list in the next couple of weeks.  :cheers: :thumbsup: :booty:
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2004, 22:55:15 »
SWEET! I can finally update my submissions :D

Any chance we can submit functions yet?

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #11 on: 26 Apr 2004, 02:26:57 »
SWEET! I can finally update my submissions :D

Any chance we can submit functions yet?

yes. I just fixed the function submission page.

:gunman:        
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Homefry31464

« Reply #12 on: 02 Aug 2004, 03:16:19 »
Okay, I don't want to be rude here, and I appreciate the work that the OFPEC staff does for the community. But really, something needs to be said here.

There are currently 40+ pending submissions in the editors depot!

Somebody needs to start moving some of these submissions out of the 'pending' section and into the real ed depot. The oldest submission in there is almost 8 months old!!! Those people who have submitted resources to this site deserve the respect of having their work acknowledged by being moved into the ed depot, and a news submission being posted on the OFPEC main page.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect, but after 8 months, one starts to think that the 'pending' section has just been forgotten about by the staff. On another related note, it still is impossible to modify your pending submissions. It has been that way since last october, which again makes me think that it has just been forgotten about....

Rather than make a new thread.... the Ed. Depot staff has finally gotten through the large list, and I am now glad to announce there is just 1 submission left, and it is not yet ready to be unpended.

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 07 Aug 2004, 00:29:00 »
Have you checked out my lastest submission? :-)
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

Homefry31464

« Reply #14 on: 07 Aug 2004, 21:34:02 »
Check on over there...  ;)

Dubieman

« Reply #15 on: 08 Aug 2004, 03:51:12 »
Finally the mission depot has a well deserved boost of manpower, good job getting the reviewer spots you new reviewers and kudos to Homefry for takin on multiple jobs at once.  ;)

Wish I could hurry up and get that addon reviewer pos once the depot is up, I'd like to start on that pending list too. :)