Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fun maps, anyone can do  (Read 1114 times)

hawkins308

Fun maps, anyone can do
« on: 07 Jul 2004, 08:49:50 »
Ive been having a great time lately in flashpoint makeing my own maps, with a new gameplay mode of sorts.

Its inspired a bit by Stalker, shadow of chernobyl.

You need some imagination, bad guys arent just bad there crazed irradiated freaks hell bent on your destruction but stupid(seems fitting)

Start yourself off, on an island away from the mainland with whatever weapon you want, have a chopper insert you to the main island lets say for example Nogova.

Place groups of enemys in most of the towns and citys, here and there, you can adjust the probability of presence to increase the tense factor this goes for all things youll add to the world. Some groups, units around citys I gave patrolling way points just near the perimeter of the city set up on a cycle so they move about, Some i just left standing still.

Add groups/units on the map with way points set to patrol the land in large areas. I find it best to put speed limited and behavior safe so they just walk. Harder to spot, and seems more realistic. You can use a Cycle waypoint so they continue the patrol.

Since walking gets to be a drag, I add some vehicles. I put a car or two around about 1/3 of the citys with a placement radious of 500 to 1000 so I never know where they are. I have to look for em to find em, or luckily stumble across them.

I put a few field hospitals again with a random placement, usually in the center of the map and radious to cover whole landmass so its hard to find these things.

Some armored vehicles if you want, since Ive been stuck on the stalker them I downloaded some really cool BDRMs, and BTRs and usually put a couple of empty ones in the map again with random placement so when you find one its glorious! Then when an RPG or tank shell demolishes it its tragic. Especially when you have it packed full of weapons and ammo youve collected:)

I also use andys backpack mod, which really helps since vehicles get shot up and blown up alot and its a pain to always be low on ammunition and especially rockets. With his backpack mod you can collect weapons ammo off the dead and carry a good bit of ammo and enough rockets to take care of enemy armor.

So once you have this world populated with enemys(make sure to put a good bit of units that patrol in the world, vehicles that drive roads, men patrolling treelines, etc... it adds a lot when you play through it), and empty vehicles to drive, some field hospitals for when you catch some lead or shrapnel which is bound to happen, and whatever else you might want. You need a goal.

I usually just add civilians with guns, so they fight back. Put some in towns, you can have them enter buildings, make random probability of presence, etc... You forget where you put them anyway. Then add some that patrol the map, limited/safe probally best so there harder to spot.

Then put a trigger that covers whole island and set it to, Civilian, not present ends the map.

So the goal is to kill all the civilians.(wow that sounds pyschotic.)

Dont think of them as civilians though, there evil mean radiated killers.

Try it out I enjoy it, its sort of like deerhunter, meets flashpoint meets driving game. I have gotten in some great situations on these maps. You just forget about what you put where, and especially with random probabilty of presence, and placement you dont know what is where until you stumble upon it.

I am on one now in Kolgujev(sp?) that has been wild. When I first got on the island I spent about 15 minutes walking carefully through a forest, peering left and right. I had a shotgun with an aimpoint(BAS Marines mod) and 4 handgrenades. I get out of the forest and hear a vehicle over the crest of the hill ahead of me. So i jog up it, and get a view over the top. Theres a UAz with DSHK(BAS tonal mod) moving slowly down the street toward me about 150 yards away and 2 men jogging beside it. 150 was to far for the shotgun to dish out much damage so I took out a frag and waited for em, I let fly once they were at about 40 yards or so and the frag went off close enough to the UAZ to damage the gunner I know for sure saw blood on him. Then I leveled the Shotgun at him and let him have it, after 2 shots I saw him drop off. The UAZ stopped and the 2 men that were jogging were up beside it so I lobbed another grenade and it exploded right on the vehicle. Destroying it(I didnt want that to happen, I was a bit upset) and killing the 3 remaining baddies.

As I was up at the bodies with my backpack, I had picked up an AKM an RPG7 and 4 rounds for it, and filled my backpack with about 10 or 12 AK mags plus the 5 on me, and am about to move out when Crack, crack, crack, bullets zinging past me and smacking whats left of the UAZ, im to startled to react good and my AKM is on the ground by the backpack, and my shotgun is in the backpack. I was collecting RPG rounds and hand grenades so Im not armed, but im my haste to ready the weapon I dont have I turn on my nightvision goggles just before getting hit and going down:(

Luckily I had saved it, after taking out the UAZ so I wasnt to bad off. I use a program called Flashsave that lets you save as much as you want. I forget where I downloaded it from but im sure if you search you can find it.

Dubieman

Re:Fun maps, anyone can do
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2004, 17:41:38 »
I like this idea really. You can hoard weapons and kill any way you want and the partols and stuff, it just sounds like fun. ;)

Any chance of you releasin an addon free or minimized version? ;D

I'd really like to play it since I don't have alotta BAS stuff.

Dubieman

Re:Fun maps, anyone can do
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2004, 17:43:09 »
By the way, you don't need the flash tool, just look for the savegame cheat. But I'd rather play missions the way they were made with one save and retry points updated. :P