Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: bridges  (Read 1803 times)

skaterdoive87

bridges
« on: 07 Feb 2004, 23:33:47 »
i was wondering if there were any capture and hold type missions involving the bridge in nogova?

Dubieman

Re:bridges
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2004, 01:57:09 »
Yeah I had one but you didn't capture it though. It got deleted after I had to reload OFP due to harddrive problems.

Instead the idea was to blow it up like in the campaign and take out a MAJOR convoy crossing it at the same time.
You lead a little resistance team in at night and you were supposed to use your HKs to kill all the guards so no one would know...
Then you put a mine at the head of the bridge a layer it with satchels so the lead APC would blow up and block up all the other vehicles. After watching them back up into each other for awhile you hit the "Touch Off 20 bombs" and that was one hell of a fireworks show!:thumbsup:
The bridge was gone as was

BMP,T72,T80,4 trucks,fuel truck,repair truck, ammo truck, UAZ,30-40 troops

Kind of fun as about a gazillion russians came after you after the bridge blew up... ;D
I think I might make it over again or something close to it sometime.......................................................................................... .............................................................................
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2004, 01:57:57 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

skaterdoive87

« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2004, 23:12:20 »
yeah that sounds sweet.

i was thinkin it would make for a pretty intense mission trying to hold the bridge from the enemy while waiting on reinforcements. if anyone has played that level on Call of Duty then they might know wot i mean lol. course it would just be a simple defend mission but im sure someone could think of ways to spice it up  :P

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2004, 23:17:49 »
yeah that sounds sweet.

i was thinkin it would make for a pretty intense mission trying to hold the bridge from the enemy while waiting on reinforcements. if anyone has played that level on Call of Duty then they might know wot i mean lol. course it would just be a simple defend mission but im sure someone could think of ways to spice it up  :P

That's my favorite map in CoD. The problem is that you cannot do does things in OFP since the battles doesn't strech more than 5 mins of serious fighting, after that it's mostly just cleaning the place up.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

skaterdoive87

« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2004, 23:30:35 »
yeah thats true, kinda a shame  :'(. spose u could stretch it out a bit with a few waves of attacks to defend against but it would prbs get pretty borin

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 09 Feb 2004, 21:41:28 »
You would have to have an interseting story line with it instead of here, there is this bridge Mr. Troska, go guard it from the Russian T-80 platoons on both sides for no reason, we think your slacking you old man....

Yeah maybe an East guy holding the bridge when Mr. Troska goes to blow it up or Res guys holding before the Ruskies take over everything or some differnt story. Gotta make the bridge sound important.

But hey that's just me.

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 09 Feb 2004, 22:27:46 »
The story line is always important, not just in this mission.  I'd be more interesting if the player had loads of support, so the explosions going off all around the player would keep their attention.

skaterdoive87

« Reply #7 on: 09 Feb 2004, 23:16:57 »
you could have NATO needing to take control of the bridge to advance further through russian territory or something like that. the attack could be a massive infantry charge like on the sp mission battlefields, but that means you wouldnt really need to do any fighting cos u could leave everyone else to do it.

fragsta

« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2004, 08:49:09 »

RUSSIAN TERRITORY
                                                      | | bridge
                                                      | |
                                                      | |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATO TERRITORY                               Black op places bomb as APCs and tanks roll into                      NATO                                                territory

^                                                   ^
REINFORCEMENTS IN HELICOPTERS AND APCS GO OVER RIVER FROM THEIR HIDDEN PLACES HERE!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2004, 11:09:11 »
What about something like Operation Market Garden during WWII? Could be a campaign. Some Airbourne troops paradrop Northwest of Davle but they misdrop everywhere and you need to rendevouz with whats left, attack and hold the bridge untill relived by the Armored Platoon. The Armored Platoon could attack via St. Seldo along with infantry but the bad weather slows em down. Ambushes, mud, unexpected enemies, etc. You could play both as an Aibourne guy and one in the Armored Platoon.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Marvin

• Members
  • One day they will come
« Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 2004, 11:17:00 »
Or we can use the old storie - i think it comes from Meadal of honor! Where you was a snipe and cant let the enemies cross the bridge to detonate the explosives plased on the bridge! Seems to be interesting!
Is there any games than Flashpoint?

VipNatePimp

« Reply #11 on: 13 Feb 2004, 17:09:29 »
I know how you can make a battle in OF stretch fo mo than 5 min. Use respawn points on both sides to pump troops to the bridge for some awesome fighting. Ill be notting like COD though cause of the OFP game engine. You could prolly design the mission n wait will OFP2 witch should be able to run it.. even though id be in the vitamin time peroid