Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Black Hawk Down?!  (Read 3413 times)

VipNatePimp

Black Hawk Down?!
« on: 12 Feb 2004, 03:40:42 »
Haven't been hurr fo a while... but anyway
Anyone know if theres a Black Hawk Down mission like the movie or if one is comin out???
Its one hell of a movie, and I guess id like to see it in OFP id make the game awesome!

Any info on thad?

Homefry31464

Re:Black Hawk Down?!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2004, 04:25:10 »
Please search or look around before posting.  These a thread, here, that should answer your questions.

Good luck.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2004, 10:55:07 »
How many times has this thread come up?  >:( Can't people just make a CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) mission instead of copying a film's idea, which can't be made using the OFP engine anyway.

Iwesshome

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2004, 11:51:08 »
@VipNatePimp

There is a BHD Mod out there that is being developed for OFP. I do not remember the site address but I am sure you will come across it by searching thru other posts and/or OFP sites. Homefry is right though about running a search first concerning this topic due to numerous discussions about this event within the Mission: Ideas board.

@XCess

True... but we all can try cant we? That is the basis of mission design/editing. Trial and Error  ;D

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:35:48 »
Hello,

i played around a little bit last night. Yes i think BHD is possible in OFP. Okay you need some scripting and splitting of the action. But never the less it is possible. I think i will give it a try, just a small technical demo. Anybody who wants to join ?

By the way i selected the following addons (if there are better ones please inform):
BHD - Island
Tonal OPFOR as Somalis
BAS BLackhawks
BAS Little Birds
BAS Rangers (maybe i give the Laser Rangers a try)
Quakegamers Humvees

Ups, typo corrected.   :o
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2004, 08:09:46 by Kuro »

Homefry31464

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:45:25 »
I thought it was Quakegamer.  ;)

VipNatePimp

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2004, 17:02:16 »
@ Kuro Sure thang ill be more than happy to try to re-create a BHD mission. I will not be too much help though.. as im waiting for OFP2 to come out and i havent played or scritpted anythin for OPF1 in bout 4 mounths lol.

As you stated above... you can use respawn points to add hundreds of troops right?
@ Kuro agian. We don't have to have a complete rescreation for BHD you can make ur own mission if ya knoe wat i mean. Still have the humvee colum and all wit tha lil birds n miltia. but not in the exact same settin becuase you would have lots of trouble with hand to hand combat. People shooting through walls and stuff.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2004, 02:34:16 »
Hello,

on the weekend i played and tested a little around.  And i build a small mission after the episode where the two deltas try to defend Durants bird against a hord of somalis. It usese the following Addons

BAS Tonal OPFOR
BAS Blackhawks
BAS Rangers
BAS Littlebirds
BHD Island

(quite a lot of AddOns, but i think they are so popular that everybody have them already).

Download link will come in 9 hours (have to get on my website, because at the moment i can not attach something to postings).

If you have time to try it,  it would intersting if it lags. I did several tricks to make it without lag, but i am not sure if it works on all comps.

Greatings
Kuro

(At the moment i have 72 Somalies, 2 Rangers, 1 Blackhawk wreck, 1 Blackhawk, 2 Little Birds on the Map WITHOUT LAG !)

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2004, 04:13:59 »
Make sure you put it in the Beta Testing Board as well.  So its possible to make it??  Are there any AA soldiers, because I thought that may pose a problem.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2004, 12:50:43 »
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2004, 02:13:22 by Kuro »

Iwesshome

« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2004, 15:06:16 »
Kuro,

I suggest you post this now in the Mission: Beta Testing section before an admin comes by with their beating stick  ;D
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2004, 15:06:34 by IW »

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2004, 01:25:55 »
Hello IW,

i know what you mean, but the file behind this link is far away from what i consider a Beta Mission (No Readme, No Briefing, No Intro/Outro, no scripts, the Mission does not even end). And it is no PBO it is only a mission.sqm.
It is just a feasiability study to show that IMHO a BHD feeling is possible in OFP.
But if the Admin with their mighty stick decide it is wrong to have this link in this forum i will bow deeply and move over to Beta Missions.

GoodspeedForever

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2004, 01:26:14 »
K, I'm starting one, actually I started before I registered on here today; thats why I registered, case I need help.

Anyone wanna help, I'm gonna try and go all the way.

Umm for those of u up there ^^ who commented on copying a movie's idea, it's called historical recreation - Black Hawk Down happened, lol, Battle of Mogadishu, October 3-4 1993.  Wake up and smell the roses...

Anyways I have basically the same addons list as up there, too.  The only thing I'd like is a better hummer set.  The QKG's are good but they have several glaring flaws, unless there's a new version out.  Also, why not just use BAS Tonal Island while you're at it?

But yeah it's been ages for me since I done anything, so I wont be up to great scripting; may take a bit.  Anyone who wants to help email me at callsign_goodspeed@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2004, 01:29:38 by GoodspeedForever »

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2004, 03:07:17 »
Hallo GoodSpeedForever,

it is great to work together on this (please have a look to the Beta Mission I already did). I am quite okay at scripting but i have not so much time to detail the missions. Maybe we can work together.  About the QKG Humvee's, yesterday evening i did a beta for the convoy part and they behaved quite well.  ( I think they are they only Humvee's around). I did not take Tonal because the island needs a lot of computer power. I would rather use this power for the mass of units i need to create the BHD feeling.
I called my project Mog '93. To avoid copyright issues with BHD.

Greetings Kuro

GoodspeedForever

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2004, 04:06:58 »
I got your email; I'll give you a reply ASAP

thx

hooahman

« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2004, 01:41:42 »
Hey guys. I would be interested in helping you guys work on this campaign/mission set/whatever ::). I was previously working on a Tonali Rebel campaign, but I would much rather recreate BHD for OFP (hehe, that rhymes)!  Give me an e-mail at deltateam8@yahoo.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  You could also contact me on one of my messanging services listed under my name to the left.  Cya!  

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 25 Feb 2004, 15:00:11 »
With BAS week coming up, who knows what addons you may get.  Wait for the upgraded Littlebird, apparently they will have a bunch of new features.

GoodspeedForever

« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2004, 18:01:42 »
K I'll email u tonight hooahman.

I'll set us up a forum like u suggested Kuro, I'll mail ya both when its up

hooahman

« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2004, 03:13:44 »
Alright.  Looking forward to working with you guys :D

Dubieman

« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2004, 22:06:13 »
One thing I wanna ask, how are you gonna recreate all the rockets in the air cause having the AA guys, the choppers would all be down?

PS   You gonna use invisible targets add on and put the armoered targets in the air?

OrangeLeader

« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2004, 02:42:28 »
How about having the targets revolve around the helicopter with the targets sometimes merging with the helo. I think this could be done in a script. This would add randomness for the AI targeting. Plus it would make it realistic because RPG's are not that accuarte on air targets. This forces the AA guys to target wrong sometimes, so the it will not shoot down every helo everytime.

hooahman

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2004, 04:09:45 »
Godspeed, I have not recieved an e-mail.  Did you not get a chance to send it?  My e-mail is deltateam8@yahoo.com.  I look forward to working with you & Kuro ;D

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2004, 21:49:48 »
 :noo: Not another Blackhawk down!!!
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."