Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airstrike/Napalm in Multiplayer  (Read 1558 times)

Sosa

Airstrike/Napalm in Multiplayer
« on: 18 Jan 2004, 06:28:25 »
I noticed that this airstrike/napalm addon will not work properly in multiplayer for anyone else besides the admin. Can anyone help me out?

*EDIT*: This is what happens, for the clients they see trees and buildings crumble without a hint of an explotion or visual fire. However, the admin who called in the strike can see everything 100% clearly with visuals and all. Aparently somewhere in the code it does not tell the clients to display these things.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2004, 12:30:55 by Sosa »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:Airstrike/Napalm in Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2004, 19:44:57 »
i took a quick peek into the scripts, i think that if u replace all the "camcreate" by "createVehicle" commands. Since it camcreates an a10.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Sosa

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2004, 21:23:43 »
i took a quick peek into the scripts, i think that if u replace all the "camcreate" by "createVehicle" commands. Since it camcreates an a10.
I will test that out but how will that fix the problem where users cant see the fire in the napalm strike?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2004, 21:53:06 »
I had a quick once over too but I couldn't see anything wrong. Are you executing the script with an action maybe? (addaction and so on..).

If the script uses camcreate to create the plane and bombs there should be as many planes and bombs as there are clients (plus the server). I mean, if the script camcreates 5 bombs and you have 5 players then each player should have 25 bombs dropped.. unless the script only creates the bombs on the server which then sends the info on to the clients.. hmm hmm..

My wild quess is that the script creates the bombs and napalm effects on server only when it actually should create bombs on server only, but napalm effects on all computers.
Not all is lost.

Sosa

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2004, 22:26:37 »
Well I couldn't test out the previous "createveichle" idea yet but I can say that it should work for the other clients but it doesn't. However, the script is excuted by triggers. I followed the instructions included in the zip. My best guess is that it will only excute on one person's map, be it in multiplayer or single. I think this script soley relies on one set of triggers from which the script files reside. In the multiplayer case I would assume that because the server admin's computer has these scripts then it will only show the napalm and explotion effects on his computer, but that even doesn't make sense because all the other client have the addon properly installed.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2004, 22:28:00 by Sosa »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2004, 22:56:41 »
I had a quick once over too but I couldn't see anything wrong. Are you executing the script with an action maybe? (addaction and so on..).

If the script uses camcreate to create the plane and bombs there should be as many planes and bombs as there are clients (plus the server). I mean, if the script camcreates 5 bombs and you have 5 players then each player should have 25 bombs dropped.. unless the script only creates the bombs on the server which then sends the info on to the clients.. hmm hmm..

My wild quess is that the script creates the bombs and napalm effects on server only when it actually should create bombs on server only, but napalm effects on all computers.

Yeah, you're right (patially), but not all planes will behave the same way on every machine and effects are shown local. So u won't see if an a10 created on another machine camcreates napalm.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2004, 22:57:50 by MachoMan »
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2004, 03:39:28 »
Hello,

i think you should use Snypir's support package.
It provides some really napalm.

Greetings
Kuro