Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UCE's Russian Fed units - 1.75 edition?  (Read 4926 times)

.357 SIG

UCE's Russian Fed units - 1.75 edition?
« on: 14 Sep 2002, 02:29:57 »
Since UCE has "retired" from the addon makin, his superb Russin Federation units are left "OFP:R semi compatibile".
Are there any plans among his successors to upgrade those addons  (replace old p3d with new ones and do the texture swaping thing)so they could support new resistance features such as hanguns and then release it to public?

« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2002, 02:31:07 by .357 SIG »

5hole

Re:UCE's Russian Fed units - 1.75 edition?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2002, 03:23:10 »
I just downloaded the SDOC-UCE Russian Infantry from opflashpoint.org.  I think it's what you're looking for.

-5hole

NoRSu

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2002, 21:47:52 »
I've done the swapping for all UCE's completed units addons I've found. The whole pack is about 20 megs, only models are changed for Resistance, nothing else has been done. I'll ask my buddy if he can upload this pack to his site for download.

Included units would be:

UCE Russian Federation addons
UCE Middle East Resistance
UCE Finnish infantry
UCE KLA
UCE Serbs
UCE Jungle resistance
UCE Indian infantry & jungle specops
UCE DDR infantry

All units except UCE Finnish infantry need UCE's EastWeaponsPack to work, Finnish infantry is part of bigger UCE's Finnish pack which can be downloaded from LDD Kyllikki's website, http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/addons.php

There are of course UCE's Jugoslavians and UCE's Brown resistance addons but they aren't completed addons so I didn't make them Resistance compatible (yet).
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2002, 21:53:54 by NoRSu »

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:24:53 »
Kool, where can i get em ?? ;)

Wolf

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:33:38 »
What about UCE SOBR & MVD troops?
Or do those fall under the Russian Federation troops?
I personly think his MVD troops are the best, but as the weapons muzzle flash would be in Resistance, (Which I don't hve yet) might make someone with Res somewhat anoyed, so I can't put it in any new missions.
But will it still be compatible with 1.46?

NoRSu

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:37:41 »
Here is the link (thanks to Vosku)

http://koti.mbnet.fi/vosku/addonit/units.zip

UCE's weapons are only retextured so muzzle flash bug won't affect them ;). Pack includes all Russian Federation addons by UCE :) (infantry, SpetzNaz, SOBR, OMON etc.) and also the ones I mentioned before. Note that you don't have update UCE's weapons in any way.

IMO this pack should find its way to addon depot once it's open again...

« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2002, 22:41:14 by NoRSu »

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:01:03 »
thanks for doing all this hard work norsu, ive never actually had any of UCE's units and now having res i didnt see the point of getting them with muzzle flash, so ill finally get to see just how good they are :)

LimeCordial

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:23:39 »
they dont suffer muzzle flash. the weapons are based on the originals.

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2002, 13:34:53 »
norsu,

hey, i sent you an IM concerning this addon, please check it out. also, could you also include your groza weapons pack, because it does not come with the download and some people may not have it.

NoRSu

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:17:18 »
Oops :-[

Looks like I put by accident my modified version of UCE's OMON troops, which use Vosku's and my Grozas, to this pack :P. Fortunately this shouldn't affect on any missions using old OMON units :). Anyway here's the link for Vosku's and my Grozas:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/vosku/addonit/VNGroza.zip

Sorry for that.

And for IM, actually those were the first units I redone for 1.75 ;D. SEB Delta units for 1.75: http://koti.mbnet.fi/vosku/addonit/sebdelta.zip
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2002, 20:28:59 by NoRSu »

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2002, 06:38:13 »
thanks! great job, just what i needed.

Eviscerator

« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2002, 20:19:08 »
i get an error message on the main menu with UCE_RK74 missing, it doesnt mess up any of the troops but its bloody annoying :)

NoRSu

« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2002, 22:17:17 »
Yes the error message is annoying, but it has something to do with Resistance. Put V-80 into MP mission and it complains about missing bmp2 addon :P. I suggest moving all UCE's addons to Res\AddOns folder for best performance 8).

I think I'll make easy to follow instructions how to make old retextured unit addons to support all new Resistance features, after all it's very easy to swap the textures if you now what tools and files are needed ;). But for now you all can use instructions I posted to BIS forum weeks ago, credit for all info goes to admiralducksauce, look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d8629774a92ffff;act=ST;f=4;t=16288;hl=pistols+working

Link for PBO decrypter is wrong, right link: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/utilities/pbo_decryptor15.zip
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2002, 22:34:58 by NoRSu »

Eviscerator

« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2002, 23:15:18 »
its not that kind of error message, this is a cpp error, with the cfgweapons\ stuff, theres definately something wrong with the cpp or im missing an addon youve made to go on the soldiers, i know youve made an rk76 did you try to put it on some of the soldiers and not include it in the zip?

[edit: found the error, its in the UCE_Finn.pbo]

class CfgVehicles
{

class All{};
   class AllVehicles:All{};
   class Land:AllVehicles{};
   class Man:Land{};
   class Soldier:Man{};

class SoldierGB:Soldier{};
   class SoldierGG:SoldierGB{};
   class OfficerG:SoldierGB{};
   class SoldierGCrew:SoldierGB{};
   class SoldierGPilot:SoldierGB{};
   class SoldierGLAW:SoldierGB{};
   class SoldierGAT:SoldierGLAW{};
   class SoldierGAA:SoldierGLAW{};
   class SoldierGMG:SoldierGB{};
   class SoldierGMedic:SoldierGB{};

class uce_finnOfficer:OfficerG
   {
      scope=2;
      displayName="UCE Finnish Officer";
      weapons[]={"Throw","Put","uce_rk76","Binocular"};
      magazines[]={"uce_rk76","uce_rk76","uce_rk76","uce_rk76","uce_rk76","uce_rk76","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};
      model="\uce_finn\uce_finn_officer";
    [snip]
   };
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2002, 23:22:44 by Eviscerator »

NoRSu

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2002, 16:01:11 »
Finnish infantry is part of bigger UCE's Finnish pack which can be downloaded from LDD Kyllikki's website, http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/addons.php

You need to download UCE's Finnish army pack to get the "uce_rk76" ;).

UCE Finnish army pack:
http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/uce_fin.zip
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2002, 16:04:52 by NoRSu »

Eviscerator

« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2002, 20:36:21 »
can you include links of all the downloads needed for the addon to work? i know you included them for the uce_fin but the UCE weapons pack wasnt mentioned as being needed and the seb delta weapons

Schoeler

« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2002, 21:41:40 »
Is there anyway we can get UCE's permission to upgrade the addon?  Maybe tweak the .cpp's to include Kegety's Russian weapons and some of the newer models, then rerelease the addon for 1.75?  We could give appropriate credit to the original addon maker of course.  Just a thought anyhow as I think UCE's units were excellent and need not be replaced entirely to bring them up to date.

NoRSu

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2002, 22:35:55 »
Links for needed weapons:

UCE East weapons pack 1.25 & UCE M21:
http://www.ofpec.com/addons/view_type.php?tagID=&type=2&lastID=30 (scroll down)

SEB Delta weapons pack:

http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?id=146

Making modern Russian units with O2 and using UCE's textures would provide excellent addons, maybe I should give a try ;D. But first I need to wait few days to get my main CPU fixed :'(.

« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2002, 22:40:32 by NoRSu »

Schoeler

« Reply #18 on: 19 Sep 2002, 01:02:51 »
Consider using Kegety's weapons pack and the new M21 pack that just came out would you?  It would be nice if everyone used weapons that have set the benchmark for quality when making unit addons.  People like Fliper with his M4 pack when making U.S. special forces, or the M249 pack put out by OTW or Kegety's Russian weapons pack.  These weapons are unsurpassed and it would be nice if more people used them, so we didn't have to download some substandard model or retex job with each new unit addon and then change the .cpp's ourselves.

.357 SIG

« Reply #19 on: 19 Sep 2002, 17:34:09 »
Indeed, when i have FLP's M4, I don't need any other becouse it's simly the best M4 around, same goes with Keg's Russsian wepaons, VIp's HK's...

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2002, 08:19:37 »
Ive equipped all UCE's russian troops with kegs rus weapons/groza's/KSVK sr, if ne1 wants em, i can send you teh configs for em.......