Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP DR help! :(  (Read 1948 times)

Void-DK

ECP DR help! :(
« on: 20 Jan 2004, 13:43:03 »
Not sure if right forum for it, if it isnt i apologize, but im getting an error during the install of DR(well actually, several errors, one for each file)

message is :

Error opening file for writing, \@ECP\addons\DynamicRange.pbo
Hit abort to abort installation,
Hit retry to retry writing the file, or
ignore to skip this file.

If i skip i get the same error for ECP_DR_Extra_Sound.pbo, ECP_DR_Extra_Sound2.pbo, and ECP_DR_Extra_Sound3.pbo(all the files there is guess)

Ive tried removing the read write protection from all of the directory thinking it might be related to that, but to no avail :(

Anyone able to send me the files or have a solution to the problem?

No prior installs of DR on the computer btw.

Thanks,

-Tet

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Re:ECP DR help! :(
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2004, 22:00:10 »
*EDIT* Updated links from 1.057 to 1.071, the latter which is the current version.

How to install ECP with the DynamicRange plugin (aka: this is already explained on the ECP page, but WTH)

A: Install either the 1.92, 1.94 or 1.95 OFP beta
  • (Oooold) 1.92 here
  • (Old) 1.94 can be found  here
  • 1.95 is here
B: Install ECP and the DR plugins
    [1] Download and run the
ECP Core installer to either install or update the ECP mod.
[2] Download and run the DR addons installation executable. This will install DR .pbos in your @ECP\Addons folder.
[3] Download and run the DR config installation executable.
[4] Done![/list]Dynamic Range sounds will now be heard when playing using the ECP mod.(*)

At the time of this writing, the release version of ECP is 1.071 and the corresponding files for the
steps above are:
    [1]
ECP Core 1.071 (mirror)
[2] ECP Dynamic Range addons (mirror)
[3] ECP Dynamic Range config (for ECP 1.071) (mirror)[/list]
Manually installing the dynamic range addons (instead of step [2] above)

The DR addons are contained in these four ZIP archives:
The addons contained in those four archives should be extracted into the @ECP\Addons folder.

C: (*) How to play using the ECP mod

Make a shortcut to the beta version of flashpoint (1.94 or 1.95). Edit it to read like so:
Code: [Select]
X:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ecpThe important part is the very last bit, "-mod=@ecp". The rest of the shortcut may of course look different on your computer. Just add the -mod parameter and you should be set.

Perhaps the installer alreday creates such a shortcut for you. I havent used the installers, so I can't tell.

« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2004, 21:13:28 by Killswitch »

RED

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2004, 22:17:07 »
Cheers Killswitch, very clear and helpful as always :)

RED

Void-DK

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2004, 07:22:30 »
Killswitch, thanks alot for posting that guide, but the problem is that i did all the steps you mentioned - the issue comes up when i run the "DR addons installation executable" - the installer pops up, asks to install and then gives the errors mentioned in my first post.

have 1.95 beta patch, and 1.057 @ECP core installed, and its working without problems(and im lovin' it i might add), just cant install the DR pbo's :X

the "DR config" executionable had no problems installing either(sounds didnt work too well naturally, without the pbo's from the other exe, it was pretty messed up to say the least)but my comp had no problems running the install proggie for that one.

Thanks again,

-Tet
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2004, 07:25:11 by Void-DK »

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2004, 08:29:17 »
Hmm... perhaps something is amiss with the DR installers. You could always try installing the four extra DR addons manually - I edited my post above and added links to the relevant DynamicRange addons archives.

Good luck and I hope you can start enjoying the "new" OFP with this...  ;D

Void-DK

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2004, 09:26:14 »
Wewt downloading them  ;D

Again, Thanks alot for your help, and the fast answer - and yeah prolly the exe, but havent seen anyone else having the problem here, so might be related to my comp (and as much as i hate to admit it, the software operating it ::)), just hope i can get those files to work properly :)

-Tet

Void-DK

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2004, 10:50:03 »
got it working and man, this shit rocks! :D