Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Free-Flowing Resistance Campaign  (Read 1453 times)

m21man

Free-Flowing Resistance Campaign
« on: 07 Nov 2003, 22:04:43 »
I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while, but due to time constraints have I have never tried to make it. I think a great campaign idea would be an free-flowing campaign on Nogova using CoC CE 1.22. You wouldn't have a stated objective, you'd simply receive some info from scouts on troop concentrations, convoy movements, etc., and then you could command your platoons in order to do what you feel is best for the resistance (Steal weapons, strike-and-fade, seize and fortify a town). The amazing part of the CoC Command Engine is that you wouldn't command one squad, you'd command the entire resistance army. This would allow you to do things like launch a feint at a town with a small squad, while the rest of your troops assault and seize another town.

You'd end missions with a radio signal. Since in each mission, more enemies will be spawned as more time passes, it's advised to accomplish 1 major or a few minor objectives in each mission (No seizing the island on the first mission).The campaign itself could be very long, as you could use a basic template for every mission and just modify it. Whenever a mission ended, the location and status of your troops would be saved, and these would be loaded in the next mission. The status of any stolen vehicles (Hopefully loaded with ammo) would be saved. Also, for every town you controlled at the end of a mission, you'd receive 1-2 civilian militiamen. Also, in the next mission, the enemy would launch an attack on any town that you controlled in the last mission. The campaign could maybe be 20 missions long. At the end of the 20th mission, resistance forces have three ways that they can win:

A. They control the airport, the mountains, and have captured/destroyed the bridge.
B. They control Lipany, Petrovice, and the mountains.
C. They hold at least 6 (Probably more) towns, and have captured/destroyed the bridge.

If you haven't accomplished one of these objectives, you lose. If you've accomplished more than one, you get extra points.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2003, 22:05:52 by m21man »

MasterSniper

Re:Free-Flowing Resistance Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2003, 12:19:46 »
It'd be great, the only problem with it is it will require a very fast PC with that amount of units, two entire armies.

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2003, 14:15:03 »
It'd be great, the only problem with it is it will require a very fast PC with that amount of units, two entire armies.

The Resistance forces would be small, maybe two squads at the beginning of the campaign. The enemy forces (For once, I'd like to fight Americans) would be spawned when appropriate.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2003, 15:42:57 »
This sounds very cool/amazing :)
Maybe, for spawning enemys, a script that olny shows enemys within z meters of the player? or area triggers that show enemys in a ceratin area (Wouldn't work too well, I think)

Maybe a few people could work together on this?
It seems like a big project...
- Ben

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2003, 19:41:41 »
I'll certainly try to work on it. 8)
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2003, 17:53:05 by m21man »

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2003, 11:37:19 »
It's not exactly the same thing, but there is a CoC command campaign that is basically supposed to be "take over the island" and each mission depends on the last. It's called the PMC Command campaign. Not sure where his site is, but I've got the campaign sitting on my HD, waiting to be played.  :D

However, I do like the idea of gaining men/resources from towns and the like, and it would be cool to see something like that. I don't think PMC has that.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2003, 08:50:54 »
I've played the PMC Command Campaign, and unfortunately, it gets rather repetitive. Virtually every mission has the same set of enemies :( , and the only thing that kept my interest alive in the campaign was the use of UA.

If CoC releases an expansion for UA which gives you working Soviet artillery, then that would provide more interesting opportunities in the Resistance campaign. Your force could buy some old Soviet artillery pieces and then you could have artillery support for important missions. Plus, if you saved the status of artillery pieces between missions, it would give people a very strong motivation to learn how to shoot-and-scoot.