Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More like real life.  (Read 1549 times)

Mark McGrath

More like real life.
« on: 27 Oct 2003, 02:41:22 »
You know after exsperincing some awfully bad stories and then going through emotional hell I have a twist for a OFP campaign.  I think everyone here has shot and blown shit up in this game till there clicker finger has gone numb.  However how many of you have lost a gf over combat?  The most tragic things in life are the ones most dear to you but you cant control.  I can control if a Iraqi hops the fence because I can at least attempt to stab him (the AF doesnt pass out m16 to forward deployed unless your security forces).  So here is my propsition.

You start the game off landing and end up at a tent.  You get a letter (like in the diary section something who knows) from your gf something sexy but fun.  Then you go to combat fight some.  Then if this can be done you go to a tent and call home and chat with your gf whos getting a new job as a waitress (maybe build it like a radio transmition thing).  Anyways go have some more wars and stuff.  Build up a tight bond with the player and the girl.  Then slowly put some doubt in there mind then WHAMO shes banging the piss out of everyone back home.  Then give that person some hard fucking missions.  Then give him a choice of ending the campign and going home to whatever or finish out a few extra missions some super tough ones.  

Comments and sugestions?  (no this isnt a real life thing that happened to me happened to a good friend very nasty stuff)

Captain Winters

Re:More like real life.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2003, 02:46:45 »
Yea, this is exactly whats goin down in my Waiting For The Hammer II: A Candence For America campaign. The sequel to WFTH. (Minus the band the piss out of everyone) you do have a lovely wife and family and friends who all get caught up in the war.

Otherwise thats a good idea- thats why im using it. Theres not many OFP missions around with a great story involved... until one week from now....;) ;)

Tanks! 8)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2003, 02:53:11 »
Women are such hoes these days.  

Mark McGrath

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2003, 03:58:16 »
I was also thinking of a good one thats kinda based on my life here but with some twists.  One thing I hate here is the Mortors.  If you guys really want a good campaign things like mortars and bombing from airplanes are demorlizing as hell.  If you get the planes or the mortors to attack for a short time and only hit spicific targets you can give the sense of utter weakness.  Thats another thing I think the game lacks.  YOu can always fight back but if there is no AA no missles etc and you just get the shit bombed out of you and you get to watch your buddies get blown up as air raid sirens run well shit.  

Anyways Air Force guy after attack they ask you to join a Quick Response team because a elite team of SF almost got into your base.  Thats when you get a gun.  Then you get attacked and you smack them down.  I know there are some transport planes put them out on a runway and have walls defense the typical.  Then you can branch off to going to battle getting over run etc.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2003, 17:36:26 »
Great idea, i tried to do this, but lost my ideas and stuff, its hard to keep going, for example, i was doing this mission where you can assault the chopper base or Radio base, for your next mission if you attack the radio base, all the enemy forces are in disarray. If you attack the chopper base, no enemy choppers, and im (was) doing a mission where you are a gangster and everything you do will have an outcome to your next possible mission.

Drozdov

« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2003, 17:02:09 »
Women are such hoes these days.  

That's a moronic misogynist comment (and a nifty piece of alliteration even if my spelling isn't perhaps spot on). As if men are any different.
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2003, 02:17:08 by Drozdov »