Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Resistance II  (Read 1912 times)

Offline SpecOp9

• Members
Resistance II
« on: 12 Aug 2003, 17:52:18 »

I think it would be cool to make a 21st century modern day campaign, using a completely different storyline from the original Resistance and Cold War Crisis.

This has been in my head for an extremely long time now only I have not done much with the idea, so I might as well start here and find out if it is a good idea or not. I think the grand campaign should be made with all the great addons released thus far.
With all those Multiplayer maps in the pending list...
Somebody is gonna get a heart artak ;) lol!!!!!

Captain Winters

Re:Resistance II
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2003, 00:25:39 »
uh, nice picture? lol. i still think you should let me write a screenplay for it  :P >:( :'(

anyways yea. it's always a good idea, but you need an island which you got down, but then all of the addons.  waddabout all the addons you'd use? you'd be better off making an addon pak or sumthin.

hows the storyline depot goin? Got any ideas?
If not I think you should sit down n start to brainstorm bud.  :o 8) ;D

Tanks!  8)

bigdog632

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2003, 08:37:25 »

should be made with all the great addons released thus far.

that would be like a 6 GB download just to play it

i would say try and keep it as addon thin as possible because if it is as grand as you say it can be....the 56k people may wanna try it also

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2003, 15:49:55 »
You can use as many addons as you want, just as long as they can be downloaded in reasonable chunks (Around 20 MBs per chunk). Maybe you could use one larger thing, but 50 MBs is the limit of what can be downloaded overnight on my poor little 56k.

I like the idea of a modern Resistance campaign. The problem is, I don't think that there are any quality Resistance addons out there, just stuff for the West and East.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2003, 15:50:59 by m21man »

bigdog632

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2003, 03:42:38 »
i agree east is rather limited on its decent addons also though

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:10:11 »
Yeah, the only good stuff I've seen for the east is Laser's Infantry and some huge tank packs (I'll try to find 'em).

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:12:33 »
Also, it would be nice to have the campaign set on new islands. Currently, there's Chechen Lahta and Trinity Island. Maybe you could retexture Trinity with hi-res textures and fix the bridges, but otherwise it's a great addon. And, don't forget Nagual's new island!!!

MasterSniper

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2003, 20:30:17 »
Woah, that's a great picture, and a great idea. I'd really like to see this.

EDIT

IF it's pulled off correctly that is.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2003, 20:36:49 by MasterSniper »

SoldierX

« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2003, 02:46:13 »
somebody released some Chechen Guerrillas, but i don't know if they are with the east or resistance because i haven't d/l them :-\.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2003, 02:47:20 by SoldierX »

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 02 Sep 2003, 05:12:17 »
I put up the idea of another, more up to date resistance campaign a while ago. Try and keep everything realistic though. You need money, weapons, people all that. You don't just get them, and most countries don't have an active resistance group. So you've gotta improvise, try and implement that.

Commando

« Reply #10 on: 02 Sep 2003, 22:52:42 »
Sounds like a damn nice idea  :D
fun to see some modern day stuff thats not about gulfwar or ww2  :)
and nice pic, you could use existing addons . and that way people could get some good use of their addons too :)

Homefry31464

« Reply #11 on: 02 Sep 2003, 23:54:28 »
Or, like the mod Nightstalker Mod, its a war against drugs.  Or maybe thats how they get the funding.