Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Gang warfare  (Read 1236 times)

max_killer_payne

Gang warfare
« on: 31 Jul 2003, 21:35:07 »
Just had this idea and thought it wud make a great coop mission.  :)  It would take place on Nogova. And be similiar to Nogville and Crime City mods. There are two gangs, and the city populated by some other players, shop keepers.etc and the gangs must convince the owners of various business to join them.
 Example: The Triads buy the bus company everytime someone gets a bus they got $40
Example 2: The Mafia buy the car shop everytime someone buys a car they get $2000,

U get the picture  ;)

It would be based purely on money. Oh yeah and some players would be cops. You can still kill and rob the bank,etc. So say if you know that the Triads are going to rob the bank. Get a satchel to welcome them  ;D
If anyone wants 2 work on this with me IM me

bigdog632

Re:Gang warfare
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2003, 06:52:55 »
sounds like an RTS....almost if you try a east/west style game anyway

"cap" shops to make money
invade the enmies turf and take over their businesses
buy guns and such

jujubean

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2003, 10:33:04 »
an rts?  id take it a step further by saying a persistant mmorpg.  what a great concept if it worked.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2003, 10:45:24 »
 Sounds pretty much like what we're doing...

only ours will be a little more involved ;)

and we're making all of our own add-ons..

and islands ;)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:24:03 »
Sounds like a capture and hold style game.  The only part about the cops and robbers I don't like is, you buy the guns from a flagpole with a crate.  It's not very realistic.  What they should do is have you buy the guns from an actual person instead of a flag and then make it so you can kidnap him.  That way the one who kidnaps the gun store owner can buy his guns.  The guns then show up at the crate at his store.  That'd be easy to do.  Just take the script for the flagpole and move it to an actual person.  Then put in a hostage script that you can secure him and he's yours.  Then I'd go with the capture and hold thing by awarding points to the person who controls the different sections of town or something but that gun store idea is usable.  

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2003, 22:36:21 »
 I have a gunshop that is about 80% completed that will have lots of cool features...  

including allowing you to "buy" weapons and when you do they will disappear from the shelves ;)

any weapon that exists can be easily created on the shelves or in the gunracks I have in there

« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2003, 22:36:59 by Kaliyuga »

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug 2003, 23:17:56 »
Wow Kaliyuga, thats awesome.  I like this idea alot, but are there any people on the west side in civilian uniforms??  I just don't think gangs would wear camo uniforms and walking into town.  How would you lay out the teams.