Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: what seperates the special forces?  (Read 1085 times)

BronzeEagle

what seperates the special forces?
« on: 27 Jul 2003, 19:48:44 »
what seperates the delta force from the navy seals and the rangers and the green berets?  Are they all for the same thing but different outfits?  What makes them different?  In order to make a proper mission I need to know.  We all do, so with the coming addons, I'm going to go ahead and let you all know.

Green berets; counter insurgency, anti guerilla warfare.

Delta force; anti terrorist unit abroad, along with Dev-Gru.

SEALs;    The US Navy SEALs are America's premier naval special operations force. SEAL is an acronym for SEa, Air, and Land and highlights the arenas that SEALs can operate in. Whether the US military needs enemy ships destroyed in a fortified harbour or enemy beach defences softened up, the SEALs stand ready to serve with their unique abilities. SEALs can swim or parachute into their area of operations and are proficient at not only underwater ops and demolition but also reconnaissance and small-unit tactics.

Rangers; a light mobile force capable of deploying on a moments notice

« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2003, 20:06:40 by BronzeEagle »

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re:what seperates the special forces?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2003, 09:40:35 »
lol and how is this at all related to the missions depot?

this is the description of this board in case you missed it:
Feel free to voice any opinions you have on the Missions Depot, or to ask any questions about the Missions Hosted. This is Not an Editing Board!

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2003, 12:27:52 »
~I have not served in the military so my opinion is all based on what I have read and seen on TV and movies. Please feel free to correct what I have posted.

Green Berets

~ This is the Armies Special Forces unit... They are trained to work in small 12-Man "A-Teams," to live off the land and help go into foreign countries and train local and government armies in how to protect themselves. I am sure they also do other missions like I believe they are in the Philippines helping the local government rid themselves of terrorists.

Rangers

~ This is the US Armies most prestigious Light Infantry Unit... Made up of 3 Battalions they can deploy anywhere in the world within 24 hours notice.

SEALs

~ You pretty much summed it up as the Navies version of a most extreme A$$ Kicking Special Forces Unit

Delta Force

~ I have no true knowledge of this unit except what I hear but they are rumored to be the cream of the crop and the best Counter-Terrorists in the world.

Go to http://www.ballistic-studios.com/ and click on each unit. BAS spent some time writing up detailed descriptions on this subject matter.

Hope this helps you out for editing and make sure you place your topics on the correct boards.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2003, 12:36:12 »
Sorry guys, this is off topic.

It's good info but the only place for it would be the mission ideas forum, and then only if phrased as a mission idea... ;)

# Topic Locked