Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Para-jumping from Blackhawks? & Update: Panama Ranger jump  (Read 3873 times)

Black Operative

Hi everyone! :)

I have a question. For me, a Black Hawk looks absolutely not like a chopper that would be able to drop paratroopers, even when moving slow. The reason is of course the side door. Now, I'm making a mission involving para-jumping from helicopters, and I don't want to use Black Hawks if this is, in reality, total rubbish.  :-X
Does anyone know if para-jumping is really done from Black Hawks?

« Last Edit: 15 May 2003, 21:43:21 by Black Operative »

PathFinder

Re:Para-jumping from Blackhawks?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2003, 05:03:47 »
Hi Op

Yes Para jumping from blackhawks is really done, myself and my old Pathfinder team have done it a few times before. For your mission why not use a BlackHawk MG the door on that is open.

Regards PathFinder

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2003, 14:40:44 »
Use the BAS MH47 addon. Its nothing but pure class. You have multiple options, you can perform a bailout whenever, an emergency bailout, and the backdoor is even animated!! So it opens up when you go to parachute!

Black Operative

« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:22:20 »
Use the BAS MH47 addon. Its nothing but pure class. You have multiple options, you can perform a bailout whenever, an emergency bailout, and the backdoor is even animated!! So it opens up when you go to parachute!

Yeah, I would like to do so, but then I'd need at least two MH-47 because what I'm intending to make is a platoon-sized combat jump (currently done with an armada of not less than 4 Black Hawks in wedge formation- what a great sight! :D). I have the MH-47E addon, but I'm completely confused about it because it seems that certain functions like fast-roping just can't be coded to make AI doing the same as you. Already posted this issue here: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=19;action=display;threadid=9062

Black Operative

Re:Para-jumping from Blackhawks? & Update: Panama Ranger jump
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2003, 21:44:12 »
UPDATE: I have a second question which is related to this topic:

I heard from a parajump that Rangers conducted to seize an airfield in Panama. It was said that they jumped DIRECTLY onto the airfield. How did they actually do that? Did they cruise in by helicopters from one side flying parallel to the runway's heading and jump out?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2003, 01:30:37 »
ok first off heres a pic of a blackhawk droping paras
(I realise its an HH-60H seahawk but its close enough)

and when the rangers jumped into panama they were low level jumping out of planes not helos

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2003, 03:11:37 »
yes, the ranger's were dropped by C-130's.
then the 1SFOD-Delta blokes came in on blackhawks and had the absolute hell beaten out of them, i don't even know if they got on the ground.

read a book called inside delta force, it's got awesome detail of what happened

Black Operative

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2003, 13:28:50 »
At the moment I'm reading "Commandos" by Douglas Waller, and when I'm finished with it I'm looking forward to reading the German translated version of "Inside Delta Force" which is to be released in June. :)

Thanks for the info and the NICE picture, guys! :) Unfortunately there's no C-130 in OFP and I don't want to use another addon for my mission.

oh, does anyone know the altitude the C-130s were having while the Rangers jumped out?

Yippyfn

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2003, 02:31:09 »
Hey! I read "Inside Delta Force" too! (It was in Grenada they went in on those Blackhawks and got the stuffing beat out of them).

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2003, 03:05:45 »
your right my bad.
here's some interesting info for you mate, in panama it was the Navy SEALs who took that runway. Lost something a few blokes in the process, strange but true. Rivalry got in the way.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2003, 03:23:44 »
In Panama several airfields and a airport were taken by Delta, Rangers,
SEALs, 82nd airborne and the 173rd Airborne there were also Air force combat controllers attached to the SEALs
and the jump for the Rangers would be between 100 and 300 feet i would say not entirely sure and they were supported by AC-130 spectre Gunships
and there is a C130 mate
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/?oblast=addons&search=c130

Phantom

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2003, 06:18:57 »
lol, read his post again boy, he said OFP doesn't have one, and he doesn't want to have to use another addon. so i think that shows that he knows that there is one, but doesn't want to have to add another addon to whatever it is he's making

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2003, 06:30:37 »
my mistake :-[

Navy Captain

« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2003, 03:22:57 »
I saw this program on the learning channel on that NAVY SEAL operation in Pannama, a bunch of stuff went wrong. The mission was to slash the tires of Noreiaga's private jet, so he couldn't escape. And to block the runway or taxiway.... (don't remember which) with small general aviation aircraft such as a cessna. The mission was messed-up with at the begining..... no1. Seals don't take airports, Rangers do..... Once the SEALS were on the runway, they were sitting ducks, they had no cover. They were moving up keeping prone and providing covering fire... Another problem was that they were supposed to have support from an US AIR FORCE Spectre gunship.... however since the time of the operation, the radio ways were being used extensively by other US units in the area, which clogged up the radio ways.... and the SEALS couldn't call in for the gunship support..... without the call the Spectre gunship couldn't open fire... so the SEALS were on their own, they did compleate their mission... but with a cost, they took many casualties, yet they still fought hard to compleate the objective.... Damn those SEALS are tough!  ;D ( Hoooorah NAVY!!!!, Me being in NJROTC of course  ;D )
« Last Edit: 22 May 2003, 03:25:33 by CPT. Bazikian[5thSFG] »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2003, 05:51:58 »
Navy seals did take a beating out of them.  I heard that when they were being extracted by littlebirds that one of the little birds went sideways when a guy was getting on and on the blades hit his helmet.  He survived though, only clipped part of his helmet but the helmet hitting the blade made his neck snap so he had to get a thing put on his neck.