Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83825 times)

Scorpio

Re:Falkalnds Marine model and mortar update
« Reply #15 on: 08 Nov 2002, 23:52:02 »
Amen Brother. :)

Vyper

« Reply #16 on: 09 Nov 2002, 00:08:22 »
Indeed, can we get some different angle shots of both of those models per chance?

Vyper

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #17 on: 09 Nov 2002, 00:22:51 »
Just to clear this up... We arent using nolips models, basically because they have a high poly count, and are not in the slightest detailed... Basically he aint good enough for our MOD. We want quality not quantity (nice pun i think... ;))

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 09 Nov 2002, 00:23:29 »
Will do once the marines are textured, loads more pics then ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #19 on: 09 Nov 2002, 00:56:51 »
who's the lucky cadet eh?

an the beret (on the cadet needs to be level, an inch above the eyebrow! - get it sorted!!!)

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #20 on: 09 Nov 2002, 01:13:58 »
Nowt wrong with the beret (on the mod, not the child). Ref piccy attached. Nice job on the arctic smock too.

What's next?

ZIKAN

« Reply #21 on: 09 Nov 2002, 01:15:52 »
Its very good indeed i like the 'Collar'.
I guess you can call it a collar, but in fact its just the hood rolled up to form an extended collar of an Artic smok issued in  the Falklands, which was 3/4 length cold weather jacket, with quilted liner. The other version is what most squaddies call a sass smok, which is shorter in length than the artic version and made from lighter material for more temperate conditions.
Nice work  :)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 09 Nov 2002, 01:17:51 »
well the texures have just reached beta and have yet to be applied to the units (in the pic its the normal ones from the game) the beret now own its own RM badge and proper colour and there is a few "extra" pieces of kit, there will be a big update in a few days as the textures progress

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #23 on: 09 Nov 2002, 14:34:17 »
who's the lucky cadet eh?

an the beret (on the cadet needs to be level, an inch above the eyebrow! - get it sorted!!!)

Have a guess... ;D

Ash

Re:Falklands Marine model and mortar update
« Reply #24 on: 09 Nov 2002, 22:47:56 »
Just a sneak preview of the alpha textures and models before the beta is applied..

Back Row from left to right:

Bergen version, Helmet version, Bren Gunner, Radio Op with L1A1 SLR, Gpmg Gunner

Front Row from left to right:

L1A1 soldier, M79 soldier
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2002, 23:51:18 by Ash »

Vyper

« Reply #25 on: 09 Nov 2002, 23:24:47 »
YAY A BERGAN!!!!!!!! Finnally!

Can we stop with all NoLips Comments, about everything, hes been band, whatever he says is irrelivant to anybody so it doesn't matter right?

I like the textures, i'd be moderatly happy with those as release textures so if their alpha i am really looking foward to seeing your finals!

Vyper

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2002, 00:53:05 »
I guess you can call it a collar, but in fact its just the hood rolled up to form an extended collar of an Artic smok issued in  the Falklands, which was 3/4 length cold weather jacket, with quilted liner. The other version is what most squaddies call a sass smok, which is shorter in length than the artic version and made from lighter material for more temperate conditions.

First of all no offense intended...

woofer action "put_trainspotter_hat_on"

The Quilted parker (Cold Weather Jacket) was originally designed for armoured troops. It gained popularity among echelon troops quite quickly because of the lining and it was relatively hard wearing. It had the shoulder tags for rank slides. If you try rolling the hood of one of those you look like Quasimodo because of the quilting in the hood.

The Arctic Smock (Arctic Windproof) was designed as a combat smock for troops in the arctic, to be worn under the snow camoflage outer. It has a wired, extended hood (think Kenny from South Park), and rank slides front and rear in the middle of your chest and back (where they are on '95 pattern). It is light and quick drying, which made it popular with troops on the move. I have seen pics of Marines in the Falklands with this pattern on.

The 'SAS' Smock (I've no idea if this pattern has ever been issued as such) is an Artic Smock that has been shortened lengthwise, the back rank slide removed, the hood extension and wire removed.

Sass, or Special Air Sea Services, are perveyors of quality clothing and equipment (can I get a discount now) and do they're own branded version of the SAS type smock by adding improvements.

woofer action "take_trainspotter_hat_off"

Out of interest did RM's have tin pissers or Kevlar helmets for the conflict? I can't recall ever seeing a RM without his beret on...

Apetite now wetted, need MOD...
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2002, 01:03:11 by woofer »

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2002, 01:47:26 »
The uniform textures you see are the BIS origionals, not the beta dpms, the kevalar helmet wasnt in service then or at least it didnt go south, so they wore the tin pot ones, yes the RM's are mainly pictured in their berets but we have a few images of them carrying and wearing their helmets, as for what they aore it was largly personal preference, they took a mixture of kit and basically wore what they preferd, the worst piece of kit they all took were their boots, trench foot became a problem as the boots were only ankle high and did not keep out the water, there were some reports of some brits taking the boots from the captured/killed argies.

Ash

« Reply #28 on: 10 Nov 2002, 02:15:20 »
before the beta is applied..

Like it says... BEFORE the beta is applied  ;D

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #29 on: 10 Nov 2002, 04:56:04 »
OMG looks like I stumbled across this thread a little late  ::)  Nolips was way off base with his comments.  But I guess he is a kid with alot of problems anywho  :D  I think kev has more talent in his pinky.  speaking of the topic at hand I have tried the alpha and I must say, these are perhaps the best O2 unit models I have ever seen.  sure, they do have some flaws but the little things like the radios and headsets are amazing.  Kev, dont let that little twerp get to ya and keep up the excellent work.  I cant wait for Scorp's skins!!

BTW i cant believe you put that pic of nolips on this thread, I nearly rolled off my chair when i saw it here   ;)  GG
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk