Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tears of sun  (Read 1753 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Tears of sun
« on: 06 Sep 2005, 08:36:23 »
I think OFP is great to play the story of this movie: tears of sun.
Eg.: THobson can manage it in ONE mission, but any other mission maker can cut it to a mini campaign.
IMHO BAS addons are great to create this story: tonali island, black natives, rangers and gerillas...

Can I explain the story or everybody saw that movie?

(I can't belive when I search and didn't found a comlete mission based this story, because Black Hawk Down versions are too much in OFP missions)
Fix bayonet!

Serial Killer

Re:Tears of sun
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2005, 14:03:00 »
Can I explain the story...

Yes, please. :P

I saw that someone is making Tears of sun U.S. guys at BIS forums. They might be good on this mission.

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2005, 17:31:13 »
the story is that some SEALs (arf arf) go off into a wartorn african country, nigeria i think, to rescue a team of nuns at a mission hospital as the rebels take over and do some ethnic cleansing. one of the nuns shouts a bit at bruce willis so he decides to put the african children on the helicopter instead of the nuns. the rest walk through the jungle being chased by rebels to the border discovering horrifying scenes of torture and killing on the way. oh and they kill some bad guys. the campaign is a good idea but i was wondering how are you going to get bruce willis to carry two rifles and about ten pistols as he does in the film?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2005, 21:13:19 »
It would be a good mission I think. I would have a go but I'm finishing my Stinger mission and after that I'm making a sequel to Deep Water.

I am interested in this idea now though. I might do it after the Deep Water sequel if I still have the bug for it.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:25:18 »
I start this campaign, but I left before I finish the first mission.

Very difficult fighting for protecting loon, civilian AI. And I don't want use C-130 AddOn only for a helo insertation at the begining. I want use only BAS addons and LSR Delta-Ranger. And face of Bruce Willis of course!  ;D

The-Architect: If you start making this campaign and need a mate with avarge mission makeing skills, send me a message.
Fix bayonet!

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2005, 09:44:29 »
lol, thanks for the offer m8 but I'll be ok.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2005, 14:05:41 »
One thing, there is Tears of the Sun SEAL addon made, by SJB I think
They kind of fit your mission, no? :P
- Ben