Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22275 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #150 on: 05 Oct 2002, 02:44:27 »
Hi guys, nice to see your EC thingy stills going, I my selfe had a few thoughts about the Novogo police force mod and after having in consideration the time consuming with this project and the time I need for my private life I decided to give up, Quicksilver is back with his learninggs and I got the impresion we won't see much of him until he got time, so I don't know what's gonna hapen to the Novogo Police Mod.
 However, making missions and a nice campaign shouldn't take that much time from my time ;D so after having a go with the new HK pack from The Lost Brothers Mod I decided to use that pack to build a nice campaign.
 I just read a boock call The Shooting Gallery from a former SAS call Gaz Hunter and it really open my mind to new ideas.
 I'll kip contact with you guys, by the way, I sended a Email to the EC addres, I wonder if you recived it, cos I had a herror message just wen I send it, something to do with my Kernell 32 dll, pain in the rear it is. ::)
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #151 on: 08 Oct 2002, 07:33:27 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #152 on: 11 Oct 2002, 19:34:56 »
 ;DHey, what a great idea!! :o
That would bring a lot of color to the towns and all this little houses in the middle of the road would be great little road hotels with the proper signs on them. Nice and easy, I'm banging my head agains the computer desk right now, how I didn't thought about that my selfeeeeeee??????
 ;Dlol, how hard is it going to be to put in the game? is gonna be a setpos getpos thing that gos on a building?
later.
@CERO.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2002, 19:53:08 by @cero »
SCREWBY!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #153 on: 11 Oct 2002, 21:02:55 »
  Yeah.... I've got a few in-game already and you just have to setpos them into position where you want em ;D  Makes it nice and easy

Wolf

« Reply #154 on: 12 Oct 2002, 06:46:25 »
D*mn, don't pay attention for a minute and you got to read ten pages just to get back on track here. ;)

hmmm, suggestions, well, if you haven't already thought of them, you could add generic international signs, what do I mean by that?
I'm glad you asked. ;) ;D
Around here, you can be driving along and see some large signs with picstures on them, so anyone looking at them can understand what they mean without knowing the local language.
as in, motel ahead, airport, so on. something that will add to the enviroment.
Plus, like you already planned, make up some billbords for some imagined(Not nessarily imaged) products, like shampoo, some resort or attraction.
Buckle up and be safe signs and so on.

Oh, heres one, big low billboards, the kind you always see in TV shows and movies that cop cars and cop motorcycles hide behind to catch speeders, and so on.
Large overheard billboards, the kind you see on highways, you know that have a poll on either side of the road with the sign up overhead.

Now, I hope this is the kind of suggestions you were looking for.
Or else I did alot of pointless typing.  ;) ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #155 on: 12 Oct 2002, 08:53:44 »
   Those are great ideas Wolf... hadn't thought of the international symbols on signs.... I know exactly what you're talking about with those ..

And the ones that sit on the ground are a good idea too.. throw some bushes around em.. and you got a nice little speed trap ;D

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #156 on: 16 Oct 2002, 14:00:16 »
So what IS actually going on?
Has all the conversation moved to the Cartel forum you guys set up?
Dan ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #157 on: 16 Oct 2002, 15:07:46 »
yeah everything is in da new forum  :P

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 15:22:43 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #158 on: 16 Oct 2002, 15:19:57 »
Hey Zsa!

Thanks for the interest!   ;D

Yes, we're trying to keep most things in that forum since they broaden out way past just "mission ideas"..  

We will make as many announcements of our progress as possible in the "General Everon Cartel" Thread in our forums.  (open to the public) Please feel free to have a look!   ;D

http://waterman.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=DeCartel2

As far as progress, the Cartel is smuggling along nicely.   ;D  

Anyone have an idea for good names of Cartel people?  Any other ideas, suggestions about the Everon Cartel?

Thanks again for everyone's interest!  ;D
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 15:24:02 by Asmodeus »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #159 on: 10 Nov 2002, 10:05:02 »
 Hmm.... been a while.. but really big things are coming ;D

Had a though about how a Cartel could get it's hands on some nice shiny weapons .... how about negotiating/blackmailing a russian general to get security codes/base locations/or to purchase weapons....

what ya think about that idea??  I mean... with alot of cash you could always deal with an arms dealer.. but I think the easiest way would be to get them from a former soviet republic or something....

contraz0rz

« Reply #160 on: 18 Nov 2002, 05:39:38 »
Glad to see this mod is still going!

asmodeus

« Reply #161 on: 19 Nov 2002, 01:21:13 »
Hey Contra!  

Thanks!  

Yeah, we've been working hard on it.  It's an amazing amount of work for the amount of members we have, but we are making progress!   ;D

There will be updates on our site very soon!   :-*

Asmo

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #162 on: 06 Dec 2002, 11:31:31 »
hey guys,
long time no see :)
I don't know if you even still check here anymore, but seeing as I can't log into your forum (password troubles + hotmail troubles so I can't get a new one(!)) I thought I'd leave a message here...

Howabout a mission like the famous "Lost in the forest" episode from the Sopranos...?

Let's say a rival mob has caught you, bundled you in the back of a car and driven you to a remote, freezing cold wood, snowing like Hell, to dig your own grave...
You smack em in the face with the shovel, and start running - this is where the mission starts...

Fortunately - the other dudes (Two of em) only have pistols, and due to you smacking em in the face with a shovel - their aim's pretty messed up.
But they try and track you down and kill you. You could do this maybe using the GetPos command and have them following you vaguely (not so you can't hid though, obviously)
Your aim is to hijack a get away and leave the woods. Your best bet is to lead them in circles and steal THEIR car.

You could add a load of extra things in too- like areas in the woods where you scare birds so that you can see where they are or something...?

Just a thought - that episode kicks ass :)
(maybe sometimes you could hear them when their mobile phone rings and you can listen to em talking to their boss "Tony says he's an interior decorator - he killed 16 Czecheslovakians" "Interior decorator? but his flat looked shit")

Dan  ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #163 on: 06 Dec 2002, 11:43:54 »
Hey Zsa!

Long time no see is right!   ;D

That's a good idea!   Thanks!   Haven't seen any new sopranos episodes...  *mutters*  no cable here..   :-X

I like the idea though!  However, if it were me, I'd keep hitting them with the shovel, take their pistols, bury their bodies and take their car..  (after taking their money and valuables of course)...    :o    ;)    ;D   ;D

J/K

Don't be surprised if you see something like this implemented in the E.C...  

Oh yeah, why can't you get into our forum?  Let me know in PM and I will bend some rules for you.  (I'm an admin there.)

8)

Asmo

Kaliyuga

« Reply #164 on: 25 Dec 2002, 22:11:36 »
 Yeah, the Sopranos are always a good source of inspiration  for mission ideas...

We are focusing more on add-ons at the moment.. but the mission ideas are coming right along as well..

We are going to hit as many types of missions as possible in the campaign, and some other new kinds of things as well...

Right now I am working more on the whole  theft of soviet weapons for use by our cartel plot line..
 so anything anyone can add details wise would be appreciated

Happy Holidays  

Kaliyuga