Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Shot down  (Read 1580 times)

max_killer_payne

Shot down
« on: 28 Jun 2003, 16:31:12 »
Hey, I have just recently started a mission where you play a pilot. In the intro everything is explained what happens, you and your co-pilot just chatting then your engaged shot down. You must then in the mission, get to an RV and then find away of the island. And I want to know what all of you lot would like to see in a mission like this. Any ideas are welcome, like adding additional objectives to the mission or something like that.

bigdog632

Re:Shot down
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2003, 18:27:19 »
how deep behind enemy lines is it?

Wolf

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2003, 18:52:55 »
I made a mission like this before on the old forums, It was called Delta one is down. And before you say it, this was before Black Hawk down came out. ;D
I'm not good with names. ;)
Had (in my opinion :) ) two great cutscenes, but the point is, its not easy to make missions like this, some players can start playing and not see a single soldier until they reach an extraction point. If you haven't already thought about this, I would get Toadlifes multiple squad hunt script, or whatever its called. Would likely help in this mission.
Getting shot down behind enemy lines, I don't know, would you really give extra orders to the pilot?
Just my opinion anyway, though these missions can be quite intesting.

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2003, 20:40:44 »
Play this one:
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=672

It might give you some ideas.  :)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2003, 22:04:31 »
@bigdog632  basically Russian forces hold 60% or Nogova, and u get shot down near the north, about 2 clicks north of Loukov

@Wolf  yeah, I was going to implement that script as its great!

@dead dog   tut,tut trying to advirtise ur mission. I'll give it a try!

deaddog

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2003, 23:55:52 »
@dead dog   tut,tut trying to advirtise ur mission. I'll give it a try!

Nothing wrong with a little self promotion. ;D

But it does directly relate to this topic.   You can play it and see what you do and don't like about it.  I'm sure there are plenty of things I didn't think of or could do better.  Just trying to give you some ideas.  I did find it rather difficult to write a mission like that and keep the player from getting bored.  :)

Captain Winters

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2003, 04:34:02 »
lol, especially w/ a mision like dat ;D

Tanks! 8)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2003, 10:37:59 »
Great mission, so far. A T-80 keeps getting me. I like the way you have to think every move, if u take the wrong term you're screwed. I spent about 10 minutes at an LUP, just trying to decide what to do next.

deaddog

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2003, 15:49:46 »
Thanks, MKP.

That T80 has one "guard" waypoint.  He starts way down south, around Lipany.  No scripting for him.  So basically whenever there is some shooting, he will drive to investigate.  Almost all other groups/units have specific patrol routes.

I suppose I could have put an infantry group on a guard waypoint, maybe from the northwest.  That is generally the direction you have to go.  They would do the same thing as the tank, only take much longer to get there.  The idea being that they would be almost a random moving group.  Chances would be good that you would run into them somewhere.

I spent about 10 minutes at an LUP, just trying to decide what to do next.
Don't spend too long in one spot.  ;D