OFPEC Forum

Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting => OFP - Editing/Scripting General => Topic started by: General Goober on 06 Mar 2003, 10:39:29

Title: Parachute addons
Post by: General Goober on 06 Mar 2003, 10:39:29
Has anyone had trouble with the recent controllable square parachute and a round controllable reserve parachute addons by 21vb.  I followed the instructions in the readme file however the script does not work. Does not make any sense to me.  Here it is...

To make this addon usable, you must make your own mission (or edit a mission) and either make a txt-file named INIT.SQS, which should be placed in the missionfolder, or, in the editor, add a single line in the init-field of the soldier(s) which are supposed to use this addon.
If you put the line in the INIT.SQS file, all human players will be able to use the addon.

Copy the line below and insert:
[] exec "\21vbGlider\script\paradrop.sqs"

Where does paradrop.sqs come from, when it says to call it init.sqs.  Tried same thing in the init-field of soldier and it does same thing. Does not work!! Any ideas?
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: asmodeus on 06 Mar 2003, 11:20:31
Nope...  Haven't had any trouble with that...   ::)  

j/k  

You need to follow the directions.  Paradrop.sqs looks like it's in the addon.  Just make the init.sqs file like it says and do exactly what it says.  If the readme is incorrect, the author needs to know about it.

 ;)

Asmodeus
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: LCD on 06 Mar 2003, 13:33:36
dont think its incorect :P cuz i played wid it ;D

LCD OUT
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: General Goober on 07 Mar 2003, 10:57:51
I did everything it says as previously explained. I have less trouble trying to make a bus run.
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: General Goober on 08 Mar 2003, 01:16:39
Could someone please send me a mission file and script where this parachute addon actually works.  I have tried everything from making a script to putting the command in the init screeen but nothing works. I have been able to use the moveindriver command but the guy is only a short distance from the ground despite using "this flyinheight 300" or whatever height I put in.
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: Terame on 26 Sep 2003, 05:29:32
OK I have one somewhere - I have been since trying to combine toadlife's Halo script with this addon - works for humans, but AIs don't work so far.

I'll search for it tonight for you

-Terame
Title: Re:Parachute addons
Post by: macguba on 26 Sep 2003, 13:27:15
Are you familiar with init.sqs already?   I suspect not.   Check out the tute in the Ed Depot, it will help you to understand what's supposed to happen.      Make sure the file is not called init.sqs.txt by mistake - it's a very common problem.