OFPEC Forum

Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting => OFP - Editing/Scripting General => Topic started by: Mr.BoDean on 25 Sep 2003, 23:20:33

Title: Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Mr.BoDean on 25 Sep 2003, 23:20:33
 I know I've seen this somewhere, but can someone remind me how to isolate a radio trigger both for visibility and usability only by one player?

i.e. , Only the group leader will be able to use this radio command and ,ideally, only he will see it.

Is it as easy as grouping it to the player ? But the visual part ....hmmm.   :-\

Edit: Oh, forgot RADIO option is not in TYPE but rather Activation section of trigger. SO I assume this is something for Description.ext?
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Drozdov on 25 Sep 2003, 23:28:00
I think you need to enlarge a bit on what you said. Why do you want just the one person to see it? I think this is impossible as it would have to use side channel or group channel which is visible to more than one person. It is possible to make it only usable by one person. At least it should be. Don't ask me how though...  ;)
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Mr.BoDean on 25 Sep 2003, 23:39:12
Hey Drozdov,
 No I believe you're thinking of SideChat and GroupChat.  I'm actually talking about a Radio trigger.  

i.e., "Radio Alpha" text visible on the little Radio on the map screen.

I want the Main group leader (player) only to be able to use this to force a small squad to join his group and want it to be flexible depending on what is happenng in the game, hence the radio trigger.   :)

ALSO, How/where do I  change the text name of ALPHA to my preference?
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: macguba on 26 Sep 2003, 00:02:26
1 setRadioMsg "text here"
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Mr.BoDean on 26 Sep 2003, 00:39:04
Ok, Thanx, Mac, but how and where would I isolate this for use only by the leader?

Tried a couple things in Condition field, but trig either didn't function or I got errors:

this AND (P1 in thislist) - no worky
!(P5) and !(P6) - no worky

Would I need to maybe use something like:

?(local P5): 1 setRadioMsg "NULL"      , etc. ?   ???

because I haven't had much success with isolating things that way before.    :-\
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Chris Death on 26 Sep 2003, 07:49:05
In a trigger's condition field:

player == whoever

onActivation: 1 setradiomsg "do the cha cha cha"

And in a script:

?(player == whoever): 1 setradiomsg "do the moonwalk"

:note - whoever would be in your case: leader groupname
This means: player == leader groupname

Off course you'd need to hide the radio-call before in the init.sqs
or in any other kind of initialization: 1 setradiomsg "null"

~S~ CD
Title: Re:Private Radio Trigger
Post by: Mr.BoDean on 27 Sep 2003, 00:54:53
In a trigger's condition field:

player == whoever

onActivation: 1 setradiomsg "do the cha cha cha"

And in a script:

?(player == whoever): 1 setradiomsg "do the moonwalk"

:note - whoever would be in your case: leader groupname
This means: player == leader groupname

Off course you'd need to hide the radio-call before in the init.sqs
or in any other kind of initialization: 1 setradiomsg "null"

~S~ CD

Yeeeessss!! This is exactly what I was looking for, Chris, thanks!  :D  Finally, I ask a question that doesn't stump the panel!  ;D