OFPEC Forum

Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting => OFP - Editing/Scripting General => Topic started by: skramble on 25 Sep 2003, 14:34:03

Title: Missions name problem
Post by: skramble on 25 Sep 2003, 14:34:03
When I export my mission from editor to single missions the name changes to missionname.eden <- how can I get that away ???
Title: Re:Missions name problem
Post by: Chris Death on 25 Sep 2003, 15:09:21
You cannot get that away (in case you want the
map be still playable in ofp).

If not, just rename the file to how you like it but:
!!!!!! warning - your mission will then nomore work in ofp !!!!!!

Anyway, i believe it's time for you to touch your first
basic ofp-editing tutorials (can be found in the editors depot
on top of every page at ofpec), then you may understand
where that funky .eden comes from.  ;)

~S~ CD
Title: Re:Missions name problem
Post by: _hammy_ on 25 Sep 2003, 16:45:23
yes, what chris said, the letters it addson is a abbrviation of the island you mission is using, you cannot remove the tag, if you do, your mission will no longer work.
Title: Re:Missions name problem
Post by: mikeb on 25 Sep 2003, 17:16:20
go back to your mission in the mission editor and click on the weather screen at the top that gives you the option of changing the weather, etc.

Enter the name of your mission in the "breifing" line and then export it.  If you export it without a name in here then the mission is named after whatever the user mission folder is named but if you do the above then you can name it something else.

I often use this for when i merge missions.  I've often saved them as things like "mission_2_1" etc but of course I don't want my end mission to be that (when i've finally decided on a name).  so that's what the briefing tab is for.
Title: Re:Missions name problem
Post by: Chris Death on 26 Sep 2003, 07:42:11
Quote
go back to your mission in the mission editor and click on the weather screen at the top that gives you the option of changing the weather, etc.

Enter the name of your mission in the "breifing" line and then export it.  If you export it without a name in here then the mission is named after whatever the user mission folder is named but if you do the above then you can name it something else.

I often use this for when i merge missions.  I've often saved them as things like "mission_2_1" etc but of course I don't want my end mission to be that (when i've finally decided on a name).  so that's what the briefing tab is for.

 :o - did i miss the question for that answer somewhere ??

~S~ CD
Title: Re:Missions name problem
Post by: skramble on 26 Sep 2003, 12:54:03
Thanks mikeb. That is how its done. :)