OFPEC Forum

Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting => OFP - Editing/Scripting General => Topic started by: Killzone on 22 Sep 2003, 02:16:53

Title: Respawn point
Post by: Killzone on 22 Sep 2003, 02:16:53
Is it possible to have a script that detect when your injured and automatically transports you to  another spot on the map where you can get healed?


Thanks in advance

Title: Re:Respawn point
Post by: Kaliyuga on 22 Sep 2003, 02:23:39
 Sure.. it would be unrealistic of course.. but totally doable..


repeatable trigger:

condition:   unit getdammage > x
activation:  unit setpos [getpos g1 select 1, getpos g1 select 0,0]

now  in the above example:

unit = player's name

x= value between 0 and 1.0  (0 being uninjured and 1.0 being 100% injured or dead)

g1= gamelogic placed where you want the unit to be teleported to.

the above condition will fire when the dammage level has surpassed x    
 sending the named unit instantly to the gamelogic.

:cheers:
Title: Re:Respawn point
Post by: Killzone on 22 Sep 2003, 15:10:16
Thanks a lot.

Although I know it is unrealistic. I don't want a "GOD" code (I hate god codes) I was thinking of battlefield 1942 how when dead you respawn as reinforcements so that you can join the battle again.  ;D