OFPEC Forum
Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting => OFP - Editing/Scripting General => Topic started by: Chairborne_Ranger on 20 Sep 2003, 05:10:36
-
I was wonder if anybody knows of a way either through the editor or by text editing the SQM file to add the model of the towed artillery piece that is seen on the base Everon map at grid HE77 without use of any add-ons? Thanks in advance for any help.
-
You might... Dunno, but the best way would be to download Kegetys Editor Addon, it's only 55 KB or so, and it adds a LOT of new stuff for your missions. And almost every1 have it so don't be afraid to use it in MP missions.
:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
-
Kegetys addon doesn't actually include new objects. It only makes most of the items in the game available for use in the editor, so even if you didn't have it, you should still be able to play missions created using it. It does have a static artillery model in it. It doesn't do anything though.
-
I've tried several add-ons/mods that include the model in the editor objects drop-down menu but each one causes game crashes in players that don't have the nessicary file(s). I'd think that you could add it by text editing the SQM file in the same manner that allows you to add buildings to a user mission but after extensively searching this site and using several search engines, I've been unable to find any functioning name that properly converts an editor placed unit into the artillery piece.
-
Unfortunately, the Static Artillery piece does not have a classname.
This means you can't use 'createvehicle' to place it, nor text edit the .sqm file.
Believe me, I've been looking for a way around this for a long time... and still am ;D
-
The best way is Kegety's editor addon. It includes every object in the game.
Drozdov:
They are addons and you can't play missions using it w/ out the editor addon. I've tried it.