Missions Depot > Arma3 - Reviewed Missions

(Review Completed) [SP/CAMP] Underdogs

<< < (2/17) > >>

mathias_eichinger:
Tried the introduction and the first mission this evening.

Cutscenes are clunky, thats true, but I like the story development and the little details like the encounter with police, the lock picking, and the whole gloomy atmosphere, as well as the details as the PC boots up. I won't spoil more details here, but I am already immersed and did not spot any bugs (waypoints did not show up, but I take it the mission has been designed with veteran mode in mind?).

Undeceived:
First of all, thanks a lot for your time and for trying it out, guys!

What concerns me the most is the CTD after watching the intro. Clayman from assaultmissionstudio.de reports the same, so mathias, did you get that as well? I myself never had one.
I changed some minor things in the respective scripts but no idea if it solved it or where it came from.

h- :D I know about your passion for camSetTarget bouncy cams - I thought I had avoided them as best as possible, but I'll check it out again. Of course you're right, mate. :)

What I'm NOT sure about is the difficulty resp. finding a way out of the house when the killers first appear... I already tuned down that part a bit in the current version (I assume you guys are playing v. 1.1?). Ok, using a thumb trackball mouse might make it more difficult - anyway I need more feedback on this. I'll set the beating guy a bit farther away from the door though.

How to escape (SPOILER for h-):
[spoiler]Exit the back door then immediately turn right and behind the house, then run zickzack through the bushes. [/spoiler]

One other problem is the darkness of the missions. I can tune brightness up more, yes, but the problem here is that every monitor is different. I'm thinking of implementing a kind of set up before the intro so that the player can set the right brightness for his PC. But even then the clouds again can change everything. NVGs are a no-go for me in this setting.

I'll adress all other feedback I got from you. Thanks so far!

mathias_eichinger:
So far, I am only through with the first mission, and I never had a CTD with that one!

h-:

--- Quote ---How to escape (SPOILER for h-):
--- End quote ---
Since this is the first time I have ever been in this house how would I know which door is which ;)

The whole thing might boil down to me just sucking, nowadays it is nigh impossible for me to play anything that is too fast paced. And I haven't really played the game in like 1.5 years (side-effect of modding).

--- Quote ---What concerns me the most is the CTD after watching the intro
--- End quote ---
It happened right after pressing 'Continue', I'm assuming when the mission intro cutscene should start playing (the one in which the guys sit around and the priest comes in).

IIRC it was STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION which is sooo helpful in deciphering what caused it (BIS and their horrid error handling). It can, in my personal experience, point towards something going awry with some scripting but usually that happens only with 3DEN commands because those have like zero error handling, some of them CTD the game with incorrect param type passed or if a object is assumed and objNull is passed..

It could be one of the mods that does it though?

--- Quote ---I know about your passion for camSetTarget bouncy cams
--- End quote ---
I simply can not fathom why BIS has made it so that when using that command the camera a) points to the center mass of the unit (because actor's face is what you would obviously aim at) and b) why it then follows the up/down movements of the center mass..  :no:

Undeceived:

--- Quote ---Since this is the first time I have ever been in this house how would I know which door is which
--- End quote ---
Sorry! :D After leaving the room where the uncle lies go straight (don't take the exit door on the right), then follow the corridor  to the left and arrive at the back door.

Thanks for your memories on the CTD. Would be great to know though if it still happened in the intro mission (exactly when pressing Continue after the Introduction briefing) or while loading the intro of the first mission (Trespassers).
Yeah, it could be caused by a mod... That would be the worst case.

Good luck!

Edit:
Ok, if it didn't crash when skipping the "intro of the Introduction mission", I assume it happens when loading the "mission section of the Introduction mission".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version