Missions Depot > Arma2 - Reviewed Missions

[CAMP] PIROG [Review Complete]

(1/8) > >>

bardosy:
Guys, this is my new campaign:

P I R O G
* No SpecOps missions
* Infantry-focused missions with medium and huge battles
* Briefings and radiochats (sometimes twists)
* No ADDONs

DOWNLOAD v1.0 (last update: 07.05.2010)

Bahger:
Bardosy's "Chesty Puller" campaign is the best user-made series of missions I've ever played in ArmA 2.  I can't wait to try this new one.  I am truly amazed at what some of you guys can do in the A2 Editor.

FYI, I have offered to convert his non-native English into fluent prose for briefings and dialogues if he wants me to.

mathias_eichinger:
Hello Bardosy, here are my experiences with your campaign.

Overview

The picture is an interesting one, with soldiers seemingly checking their weapons before going into action.

Intro

The intro does not tell a story per se, but it is very impressive what you did with the scores of marching soldiers. A sight to behold.

Briefing

I liked the Briefing very well, it contains a wealth of information, and finally some background story.

Mission

The mission was quite good up to the assault on Krasnostav, but even at the inital assault on the airfield I noticed extreme slow responses by your subordinates when performing an action, e.g. healing a team mate (medic) or picking up a new medic took AGES! The same effect ocurred on the assault on the hill, but it was still bearable.

But the mission really came down during the assault on Krasnostav. See, I was pinned down at a group of trees, by what must have been just 2 or 3 enemies. But what happened was that about 40+ rifle grenades rained on my squad, and nearby, they never seemed to stop. So it was a constant battle of administering first aid, nothing else, and I would still doing it if I had not ran out of patience.
I swear, this is probably the first Bardosy mission I quit in frustration.

Sorry, but please look into this bug.

Cheers

Mathias

bardosy:
Hey Mathias!

Thank you for your feedback!

Medic: I asked around all forums on ArmA2 "Is it possible that Russian medic is much worst then Marine corpsman?" But everybody found it impossible. I hate my medic in this campaign!!! :( He's LT and max skill, but he behave like a dumb with IQ 10. I don't know how can I solve it. I found some woodoo (not mathematically proofable fact), if I replace his short AK to a AK-107, he - maybe - works better, but not so far as American counterpart. Have you any suggestion?

Krasnostrav: As Bill Gates said: "it's not bug, it's a feature". That rifle grenades "simulate" a CDF light mortar. There is a trigger near the village and if you are there, the script localize your position and strike it with rifle grenades abou 50m radius (very unaccuracy). But if you move out, the strike don't follow you! It's a little "hurry up!" motivation.
A few people from BIS forum test this 1st mission and found it too easy. You found it too hard. What can I do?

If I insert time limit in rifle grenade "mortar" script, is it solve this? Eg: if grenades fall only 1 minutes, is it good?

SaOk:
That medic bug is a game bug. I cant wait BIS to fix it and the group commanding which also is currently bugging really bad since groupmembers ingore commands in battle. I am going to test this campaign soon more. I only played the first mission which seemed very nice. There was one bug - The first transport chopper for AI group didnt unload them. The chopper landed but just stayed on ground with engines on.

I also noticed the almost endless grenades exploding on hill which also led my team to that medic madness. I ended up healing the teammates myself because the medic wanted to run wild and free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version