Missions Depot > OFP - Reviewed Missions

[SP] Operation Hellfire (Review Complete)

<< < (2/11) > >>

Krieg:
@RKurtzDimitriyev

Of course I am finishing this mission, RKurtzDimitriyev! Although it is true that Red Grinder is WIP and about 65% done, it is still pre-alpha version at best, and since this is beta, this is the top priority.

--- Quote ---Package
--- End quote ---

:laugh: first time I read that I was all like "Yeah... Wait, what?"  I will fix it!

--- Quote ---Briefing
--- End quote ---

Will look for 'em and I wont give up until typos have been exterminated.

Yeah, I should change it to "your platoon". And will add further info about who you are lead.

I will add more mags and pistols.

Yeah, Law's name sounds almost  like they are former cops.  :)

--- Quote ---Mission
--- End quote ---

I did not see any ships blowing up either. It might be some random addon that is causing that problem to savedbygrace.

I will add one after beach landing and one once Morton is secure.

I did that because I wanted to simulate that some time would be required to land the tanks. I will do that with setAccTime, and then add little cutscene, showing Pitbull rolling up to their designated positions.

I removed their magazines because they used to cause UKF_weps to appear in addon list. But JUST to be sure, I will remove all UKF addons I have. By the way, should I add them LAW magazines or LAW ammo (I forgot which one adds them rockets and does not crash the game)?

--- Quote ---Even then, one of them managed to die from drowning--so much for "expert" AI
--- End quote ---

How did he manage to? I mean, I know that AI thinks they can swim, but how did he find his way to water? Did he detect a dead LAW Soldier?

Yes, those groups have fairly low skill because I used "Group" to add them.

I'll give you that option at all flags. :D

Will finish it! Don't worry!

@savedbygrace

I guess I'll use the medic tents.

From my understanding, cycle waypoints can be canceled using synchronization with (for example trigger)? If that is true then I could have one move waypoint and cycle waypoint that would loop until Morton has not got any Russians left?

I understand the score thing. I will probably use intro to tell the history of the war (for which most of the questions are unanswered: Why it started, when it started, who is in advantage, etc.), and outro to let player see 10 T80 blow up. :) One question though, how do you do the "slow-motion" thing (example of it's usage is in intro of BIS Hummer mission, forgot it's name, but its the one where you have Hummer jeep and a flag on Malden, I tried DePboing but found nothing about it)? I will also fix the briefing issues.

RKurtzDmitriyev:

--- Quote from: Krieg on 14 Jan 2010, 09:13:45 ---I removed their magazines because they used to cause UKF_weps to appear in addon list. But JUST to be sure, I will remove all UKF addons I have. By the way, should I add them LAW magazines or LAW ammo (I forgot which one adds them rockets and does not crash the game)?
--- End quote ---

I think you just need to stick UKF in a mod folder and not activate it when designing this mission. And you need magazines, not ammo. ;)

--- Quote from: Krieg on 14 Jan 2010, 09:13:45 ---
--- Quote ---Even then, one of them managed to die from drowning--so much for "expert" AI
--- End quote ---

How did he manage to? I mean, I know that AI thinks they can swim, but how did he find his way to water? Did he detect a dead LAW Soldier?
--- End quote ---

He detected a LAW on one of the boats. BTW, there's something I forgot to tell you. The boats just keep sitting there at the beach rather than going back to the ships to get more men. Having them go back might be more immersive.

And that reminds me of another thing I forgot to write down. The player seems to be type "soldier," even though there are other NATO units type "officer" running around. It doesn't make sense that the platoon leader is wearing a helmet while the squad leaders seem to feel safe with hats. ;)

Krieg:

--- Quote ---I think you just need to stick UKF in a mod folder
--- End quote ---

Too late, already deleted from recycle bin.  ;)

--- Quote ---you need magazines
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

--- Quote ---The boats just keep sitting there at the beach
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I originally intended them to go back, but I was afraid that then it will drop my troops into water.
I am not sure if that would happen, though.

--- Quote ---It doesn't make sense that the platoon leader is wearing a helmet while the squad leaders seem to feel safe with hats.
--- End quote ---

It kinda goes along with AI drowning in the water while trying to rearm.
But I will fix it!  ;)

savedbygrace:

Yes, Cycle waypoints are bypassed with a "switch" type trigger.

--- Quote ---I did not see any ships blowing up either. It might be some random addon that is causing that problem to savedbygrace.

--- End quote ---
I do not use third party resources(mods, addons, etc.) while testing missions.

Slow motion can be controlled with the Setacctime command.

Krieg:
Thanks for information on bypassing cycle waypoints!

--- Quote ---I do not use third party resources(mods, addons, etc.) while testing missions.
--- End quote ---

Then I do not know how it happened. Neither me nor RKurtzDimitiyev saw any ships exploding. It might be that it was bug unique to your playing session.

Thanks for info on setAccTime command!

Edit: New version is up.
List of changes:

* Added some "tactical" markers
* Added outro.
* Added AT ammo to the spec-ops squad.
* Spec-ops' squad name changed from "Law" to "Foxtrot"
* Now when you clear Morton, you have to signal it manually via your radio.
* Made tanks not just sit there, but guard the camp.
* Increased skill of Russian soldiers at the camp.
* Added a Russian squad after the camp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version