Missions Depot > OFP - Reviewed Missions

[OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW COMPLETE]

<< < (3/16) > >>

savedbygrace:
Hmm, I never realized that civy's couldn't use heavy weapons... :dunno: All this time and still continually learning  :D

The setcaptive is a great idea for the other civy's then, When I first seen that I had to ensure he stayed alive, it caused me to instantly dred the mission because AI just naturally ruin your intentions and plans. But keeping it safe and story related is a good idea.

The english errors were no big deal really. It was the timing of the text that began to get frustrating(not alot of it, just some of it) as it would disappear before I was through reading it and I would miss some comical saying or something that was important.

I have to also say that the guys singing to the music is comical as well, only because the voices and language sound very funny to me.

So far, it's very obvious that you sunk tons of hours into cinema alone and I know as well as anyone who loves to create cinematics that they take just as long and are just as complex as building a mission itself. So, kudos for all the hard work so far.

I'm looking forward to playing the rest of this campaign as it is not at all boring or anticipated as some are.

JohnBart:
Thank you, savedbygrace! :)

Finally, I had a little time to take a closer look at the mission in question... (this pesky exam session takes away all my time that I could otherwise spend on studying the ArmA editor... :))

Now, I don't know how could I missed that, but I realized that a set of cutscene triggers (which would otherwise be activated by the player) has been placed OUT OF the mission area for some reason...  ??? :whistle:

Besides fixing that obvious showstopper, I also removed most of the player waypoints, made some new markers and mission objectives (popping up dynamically through the course of the mission), updated the briefing according to these changes and added the GPS. :)

I went through the mission after this thrice (once in Cadet, twice in Veteran). I hope these changes will help them' OFP-veterans completing the mission. ;)

savedbygrace:
I attempted this one again and was able to get through mission 6 but those follow your waypoint hints are still there, although they are not failing the mission for straying off course, atleast not that I could see. I was able to clear the two south camps, meet the guys in the north respond to the two masacre meeting points, clear the northwest part and tried to take down the chopper with my finfal but it got away. It showed that I beat the mission but rather than continue on to the next mission, it returned to the main menu. Did you forget to do something?

JohnBart:
I'll be damned...   :blink:

Just loaded up the campaign, jumped to the mission and completed it. It transferred to the next mission flawlessly. I checked the campaign description.ext, it seems to be OK (it is basically very simple because of the campaign's linearity, all six endings lead to the next mission, while dying or Losing repeats the current mission).

I guess it must be the final objective that causes the problem (and which is supposed to be "failed" by the player), though I don't understand why did it work for me and not for you... Anyway, I'll see what happens if I rephrase Obj 6 and set it to "completed" rather than failed.

EDIT: OK, new archive is up on the FTP. Filename is the same. Objective 6 is modified, minimum+average+maximum number of points in description.ext have been significantly increased - who knows, maybe that causes the problem; after all, even though the policemen are set to be WEST and Resistance is friendly to nobody, the DMX Police Units were originally defined as Civilian... So maybe the program reduces the player's points upon shooting a separatist.

savedbygrace:
Hmm, I'll see about continuing on through this one again this weekend.

EDIT: Hey John, How about seperating your addons from your mission so that folks don't have to continue downloading the whole thing to play each version? Also, If you intend for this to reach the review stage, you'll have to list each addon seperately on your first post at the least. If you have a link to a download for each, that would be great(we could help you find them if not) but this way folks can see what version addons are used and not download those that they have already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version