Addons & Mods Depot > ArmA - Configs & Scripting

Simple infantry weapon

<< < (3/3)

Gnat:

--- Quote from: DeanosBeano on 15 Apr 2009, 18:26:17 --- anyway i look forward to them submarines ;)

--- End quote ---

Released ... so play away :D

Yeh, the the animated hitch would be near perfect if you mix at least 2 animations on the pivot, speed and steering wheel.
But what about uneven ground ...... can't see it working well without a script that detects where the land is actually vs truck and pivots the rear up or down.

I see VBS2 has some seriously large Truck-Trailers ingame ... :(
Wonder how they are doing that ......

DeanosBeano:
 you dont need to do anything ,the in game physics should take care of it , simply make sure you have your dampers setup and  land contact  points with nice geometry settings  and the wheels should act natural.

as you see when i spin it round the trailer wheel lifts off the ground because of the physics as you expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnOHhLXzvY.

vbs2 does it because they added them vtk tools which gives them a AttachObject command :(

modEmMaik:
Well, but those dampers can be... tricky  :blink:

I just tried to implement a mountainbike and while analysing the motorbikes geo-LOD, I discovered that those dampers are implemented using the support animation (suprising for me..).

So while standing still, those vehicles rest on the geo-LOD objects, while driving, the land contacts. Thus when landcontact touches a stone, the geo-LOD objecs move to the ground and "lift" the whole vehicle.
 :o

p.s.: The original mtb was implemented by rbeni12. I tried to contat him on 14'th Oct 08, but got no reply.

DeanosBeano:
 HaHA ;)
 precisely, we spoke of it earlier . for me its at 50 meters others more, the geo lod is not drawn and so if the amount of travel defined in the suspension and the other things not right, the bikes do cartwheels lol because suddenly the weight is back and the suspension travels down when you are in view  then you luck away and it travels up. . funny as hell to watch but mad as hell if your playing a co-op i guess.

great job on the bike , had a quick test looks very nice.

modEmMaik:
While checking a request for Wipman, I created a M9 Beretta replacement including animations for slider, hammer and trigger. Download includes signature and MLOD's.

have fun,
mike

Modem Beretta Replacement

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version