Missions Depot > ArmA - Multiplayer Beta Testing

[MP COOP 1-13] Deserted Runway (Beta test)

(1/1)

hoz:
Game: ArmA
Players: 15
Game Type: Coop
Island: Deserted Island
Addons Required: None
Difficulty: Easy - Medium

Clear the deserted town near the airport, find and kill the 3 Officers in 15 minutes

Enjoy.

Also enjoyable as a SP mission and totally beatable.

*updated to v28*

Zipper5:
*Trying out a simpler style*

Deserted Runway by hoz
Version: Beta
Played in Single Player

Played With:
ArmA v1.14 & Queen's Gambit
Regular difficulty modified to Veteran settings (Allows more than one save game)

Package:
Fine. Comes with a readme and the mission file itself. I would recommend putting a promo picture in there of some sort, however. Just to get the player more interested. It's not necessary, though.

Overview:
None, but you made it as a MP mission so it's understandable why there isn't one. However, I'd recommend adding one for those who want to play the mission in SP rather than MP. Again, it's not necessary but it just adds a slight touch of polish.

Intro:
Again - none, but it was designed as a MP mission.

Briefing:
Short and simple. Had a paragraph explaining the mission, outlined both of the objectives and had a small notes section. No gear selection, though, which would be nice for a SP mission. However, it didn't really have that great of effect on me playing it in SP.

Mission:
We started off just to the west of Rahmadi's main (and only) town. I could not see much from there, but there were a few objects lining the route from where I was to the town. Presumably to increase the immersion and, I found, to allow the player to have hard cover in the otherwise bare landscape. A nice track kicked in too, I didn't recognize it from any of the default music or music exclusively from any of the campaigns. Was quite refreshing from hearing the same songs over and over. However, I felt that when we began engaging it got a bit annoying. I don't know if you already have an option to have it on or off, since I only played it in SP, but if you don't I'd recommend adding it as one of the options you can choose in the slot selection area. However, yet again, it's not necessary.

As I moved closer and closer to the town, we ended up engaging enemy contacts. At first there were a few but, almost in the blink of an eye, a huge amount of them appeared to the right of my screen on the south end of the town. I took cover behind a wrecked M113 and returned fire, along with my squad of AI. One thing I did notice was since the idiotic AI of ArmA fires rockets and soldiers instead of using his rifle, some of them ran out of ammo before the enemy armor got there. I ended up having to run into the town, get injured while doing so and pick up a M136 from one of the crates.

That was one thing I found strange. Perhaps it's purpose is more related to having ammo there for you to be able to use in MP, but having US weapons in a SLA occupied town, and ONLY US weapon crates, was a bit odd. However, they gave me the ammo I needed to pick off the armor. Which leads me to the next issue - were the armored columns set to Careless? They all arrived turned-out amidst the heavy firing going on and only the T72s shot at my men. Even then it was only with the commander's Dshkm. This made it very easy to pick off the BMP, AT BRDM and even the T72s by myself. Especially with all the ammo from the ammo crates.

It was starting to calm down so I moved further into the town, mopping up a few enemy contacts along the way. I eventually came to the area with the officers. One thing I always find annoying in missions is the officers present such a little challenge to the player most of the time. In this mission, it was only them with their crappy Makarovs. Perhaps adding some Especas as their guards would make it a bit more challenging. To my surprise, the mission ended when I killed the 3 officers. It surprised me because I never got notification of having cleared the town out plus the objective itself hadn't been ticked off. I noticed in the debrief screen that actually neither of the objectives were ticked off yet the mission ended.

Outro:
None, but, for the last time, it was designed as a MP mission.

Overall:
Managed to complete the mission with an overall duration of about 9 minutes. It was definitely on the easy to medium scale due to the officers being useless, the armor not presenting much of a challenge and ArmAs AI not doing so great with even the small Rahmadi town. I lost a fair amount of my squad because of the commanders with their Dshkms. I'd recommend taking the tanks off of Careless, adding some more defense to the officers (i.e. Especas) and fixing the non-completing objectives. It was definitely an enjoyable 9 minutes and served it's purpose. With a little bit of refinement it will be even better. One thing I would recommend is putting it on the Rahmadi island itself and not Sahrani as I was a bit surprised to see me loading Sahrani for it to only take place on Rahmadi.

hoz:
Updated this mission. Too many updates to mention except that its probably less SP now and  more MP. I have a bit more work to replace the current intro. Coming soon. :)

Ironman:
Might want to consider putting revive in the mission. You could set it to 1 revive only if you don't want to make it too easy.

This is a very simple mission with no Hoz-"NESS". Maybe you wanted it to be like that. I am not sure. Sometimes I just want to make a simple mission for people to train their group members on. Maybe this is a entry level training course or something hahaha.... The briefing is brief saw no typos but I scanned through it quickly.

hoz:
I am using revive and I realized last night that I uploaded the wrong mission version. Look for an update soon in the next couple of days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version