Missions Depot > ArmA - Reviewed Missions

(Review completed)[SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle

<< < (3/19) > >>

SaOk:
Very strange. I have never had that bug while playing that part at least about 30 times. I think it must be some bug in arma engine and have nothing to do with the mission. Did you try to restart the mission and play it again?

#removed quote of previous post - bedges

Gielovic:
That sounds like an ARMA bug too me...
and with only 5-10% damage on the armor...i think it is not impossible for the heli to stop flying >:(

Cheetah:
Hmm, it's not really a bug I guess. It has a lot to do with ArmA's damage model as far as I know.

You can compare it with the following example found as infantry. If you get hit in your leg you can't walk and are forced to crawl your way towards the enemy. If you use the getdammage command while injured this way, you will get something like 0.3 (just a guess).

Same with helicopters. The HUD shows the damage of the helicopter in the same way as the getdammage command. If you get in and try to start your engine, you fail if a fuel line or engine component has been hit. Only way to make it work is to repair the helicopter.

Imagine yourself as an infantry soldier, with a HUD indicating the amount of damage done. Let's say it's at 95% (like the malfunctioning helicopter). You have only 5% damage but can be incapacitated in some way: not being able to walk.

To fix this, you could try a script that checks for the 'canMove' command.

[/i]if !canMove then setdammage the helicopter to 0;

Denz:
Well the buggers won't even get in to my helo - they must have heard about my piloting skills :D
I've tried every LZ now and I repaired & refueled my blackhawk at M.A.S.H 4077th  - please tell me there is a doc called Hawkeye there, Cpl. Klinger would be better :P
In OFP I used to use a trigger that inflamed four fires around the right LZ to use but you could use smoke etc.

With regard to the radio messages it might be better to have them trigger activated. I was reporting I was lifting off when I was just getting out of the repair truck. You can guarantee that players will never do what you expect them to do ;)

The trigger on the first objective went off a little early. They were popping smoke and I was still just by Corozol  :blink:

Also there is a typo in the first radio message from Southburn
"This is SOUTBURN tower"

and one in the briefing under Friendly forces "redployment"

That's all so far.

SaOk:
Good point. I forgot to test what happens in scripts while repairing but i think it only in that one script. I start to work on the fixes (but i leave that canmove for helichopper out). I realised that there is one bug in later part too which could happen if player dosent follow the briefing good. I let you know when the patch is ready. Hopefully later today or tommorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version