Missions Depot > ArmA - Multiplayer Beta Testing

[MP-Coop] ACS Hostage Rescue (Please Review)

(1/6) > >>

Ironman:
Ok, so some of you might have tested a early version of this a while ago. Now, it is much better.

Mission: ACS Hostage Rescue
Version needed: ArmA 1.08 and up
Type: MP Coop
Teamswitch : No
Island: Sara
Addons: EditorUpdate 1.02, Civilians Addon (link in ReadMe)
Mission by: |ACS| Ironman
Version: Beta 3
Known bug(s): **Edit: NO KNOWN BUGS** (Make sure you have this version) October 25, 2008

A little about the mission:
I tried to make this mission as close to real life as possible. My, cousin who was in the Army Rangers told me about how they would dress up like civilians and kid nap high profile personel. This mission is similar to a mission he was on.

I have redefined stealth for all you SF guys out there. You can stand right in front of the enemy and they wont shoot you. Your cover story wont last forever though so grab your load outs in the pick up trucks and put a smile on your face.

This mission is not for the weak minded.

Ironman:
In all honesty, I do not feel bad, at all bumping this up.

I posted this nearly a month ago and have had no feedback. Was wondering if someone forgot to post a review for it.... I can see it has been DL.

laggy:
Hi Ironman.

Just played the mission and I think it has a really good potential. I like that it's based on a real event and also the checkpoint idea. Hostage rescue is also great intense fun. The briefing was good in my opinion. However, I did find a lot of bugs in it, that must be fixed. I decrypted it and looked in the editor to see what was wrong. This is how I played the mission:

1. I ignored the checkpoint, since I didn't see a point in risking detection and moved directly towards the hostages. The result was that I was never setcaptive false and I took out every enemy by myself. I would suggest that you force the player to move through the checkpoint by punishing him - setcaptive false if not entering through checkpoint, groups moving towards him, all hell breaking loose. You can also make a random thing where you sometimes don't get pass the checkpoint without trouble, to add tension.

2. When I got to the barn which was well setup, like rest of the camp, the hostages were already killed, but I didn't get a mission failed message.

3. I then went towards the checkpoint and the checkpoint routine started backwards, because of my way in. Maybe add a variable in the checkpoint triggers that can be deactivated, so that doesn't happen.

Further Suggestions:

Add an overview pic.
Try to make the camera work smoother - less superquick panning.
Maybe have the team armed from the start, but make them setcaptive false if not in car going through the checkpoint.
Instead of that civilian addon you can also just group normal civilians with a BLUFOR leader that is deleted at the beginning. You can also change side of the civilians by editing the mission.sqm text.

Like I said. I really like the setup and it has lots of potential, but it still needs more work. ;)

Cheers

Laggy

Ironman:
Thanks for your input. If you take too long getting to hostages, they are shot. Also, if you dont go through the checkpoint you wont complete the objective.

Mission ends when your in chopper heading out. This mission is meant for the option of ending map whether objectives are completed or not.

I have the objectives in a order for a reason. If people wish not to follow it, the mission will be 0 fun. I will make very few changes because no one else seems to care to much about it.

BlueFor as leader was giving me problems back in 1.08 (<- when I first started making the mission). I am also making other maps that include the civilian pack. So, it's not like I am throwing it in only one mission.

Once again, thanks. Did others play with you? If so, what did they think?

Planck:
'Please Review' means you are asking the Missions Depot staff to review your mission, without waiting for any beta testing to be done.

If this takes a while then this in normal, all reviewers might already be busy with a review or two.

If on the other hand you want it to be beta tested then do not have 'Please Review' in the title.

Planck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version