Missions Depot > OFP - Reviewed Missions

(Review Completed) [SP] Border Quarrel

(1/5) > >>

Cheetah:

A mission that I created a while back, but didn't want to release as I already had two missions in beta testing. So the time has come to replace Operation Lightning with Border Quarrel in beta testing. Let's hope that there won't be many bugs.

Some general information then:

Mission Summary:
The situation on Malden looks bad for the Americans as the Russians are mobilising a lot of their forces.
In the south, near Chapoi, there appears to be heavy enemy resistance. You, Paul Hitch are in Le Port and have to get
towards the border with the Russians, near Chapoi.

Your role:
Infantry soldier.

Info
Island: Malden
Version of OFP: Resistance or higher
Zip size: ~850 kb
Addons: None

Important changes
Tried to iron the bugs out, especially the showstopper. Tested the mission three times and I think I fixed it. Just in case, there's a debug script, which can be called by the radio: 0-0-0. It gives you a survey of all of the variables in the mission (useful ones for me). If you experience a showstopper, use the radio and let me know the values of all of the variables (e.g. take a screenshot and attach it to your post).

Border Quarrel (0.87):
Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.

Thank you for your attention and (hopefully) review(s).

rhysduk:
Border Quarrel BETA Review
Conditions: ECP, Benchmark 8000

Overview:
Take out the credit to yourself at the bottom, this is what the Readme is for.
No typo's here.
A good bordered picture.
Adequate text.

Intro:
How about targetting the MM-1 Soldier instead of just seeing the grenades being fired?
Also, when the text that says "Several ambushes.... some casualties", wouldnt it be more correct to use the word major instead of some, as there are several squads beign ambushed and not just 1 or 2??
No real big problems tho.

Briefing:
Typo: "with driver" should read "with a driver"
In the notes section, theres a typo: "we" should read "we are" or "we're
Adequate notes section!
There is a very small weapon selection, consider beefing it up a little bit.

Mission:
I get lots of errors at the beginning, think it might be ECP related, will check and get back to you.
Found out to be ECP, for some reason ECP doesnt like this mission.
Anyway, The drive to Chapoi was too boring for me, you could spice it up with some artillery, a conversation with the driver etc, something to keep the player hooked!
The briefing with the CO was good, but I get the feeling you are the only voice actor in this?
Again nice work with the conversation with the LT.
I enjoyed the enemy attack on Saint Marie escpecially as its coming from 2 different directions.
After the ambush i had 1 man left! Urgh.
So i jumped in the jeep and hot footed it to Chapoi to help defend it.
....... A efw minutes pass nothing, I wandered themajority of the red circled area but nothing ever happened. Didnt see 1 soldier or tank etc.
So the enemy attack on Chapoi never happens...
BUG!

This post will be updated as new review content is acquired.

Rhys

Error Picture 1 and Error Picture 2

I will continue reviewing this when the bug has been sorted

Overall, a good mission so far! I hope you can get that bug sorted!

Cheetah:
rhysduk, thanks for testing mate, and damn I hate those bugs.. but that's what beta testing is for.

And yes the drive will be changed a bit, had this idea too but didn't know what to do with it yet, will add something when I can think of something interesting.

The bug will be fixed asap, Op. L. got a priority as I thought that all bugs were ironed out and I want that to happen fast :).

Mikero:

--- Quote ---Take out the credit to yourself at the bottom, this is what the Readme is for.
--- End quote ---

Our staff review guidelines frown on author advertising. This is a long held policy borne from experience. Personal opinion only is that I prefer to see modest author advertsing (and version number), but, Rhysduk is correct.

Cheetah:
As rhysduk is having problems with his pc, I can't contact him to verify certain things which he may have missed. If he indeed missed these, this mission works fine. I tested it twice and there was no showstopper, so it would be nice is someone could beta test the mission.

A new version will be released after a few more beta reports have been posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version