Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airliners  (Read 1551 times)

patriotpac_3

Airliners
« on: 04 Mar 2005, 17:32:25 »
Some large jets like Boeing 737s and 757s in which you could move around inside would be great.  These planes carry hundreds of passengers, and to justify having so many empty seats (given that you do not want to put hundreds of civilians in your mission), a mail or cargo version of the plane could be used.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Airliners
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2005, 18:29:59 »
Heres one  ;)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7181

But if I know what you mean, you mean something A LOT bigger. Globemaster style?
One of them was made (basically a military 747 sized transport), but the problem was in 3rd person view you couldn't see anything, cos the plane took up the whole screen  ;D
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2005, 19:34:53 »
I'm currently making a 757-200.  It is still in the works, but basiacally all that needs to be done is texturing and some cockpit modelling.  I can't tell you when I am going to release it, as I am having some problems with some textures, and I don't have it fixed yet.  Hopefully I will be able to release it sometime in spring. (check this thread for the problem):
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=21725;start=1

Here is a picture of the plane:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/danawelshire/OFP757.jpg
You can see I still have a lot of texturing to do: The wings, horizontal stabilizers, leading edge of the vertical stabilizor.  I also have interior textures to do, so there is a lot of work left!

Also, currently the player can not walk in it, I have not made a model that can do that yet, maybe after I finish this one.  I also limited the number of seats in it.  It can carry 48 people, plus the pilot and "gunner".  Normally a 757 in this configuration can carry close to 200 people.

(ignore the username in the internet address for the picture, I am using my sister's account.  My name is not Dana Welshire (neither is my sister's) ::) and I am not a girl!)
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2005, 19:43:17 by Student Pilot »

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2005, 00:26:17 »
i crossed paths with a 757 i believe static model for like terrorist missions i suppose

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2005, 19:01:29 »
Those are all B-52s, he is looking for a civilian airline plane.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 06 Mar 2005, 19:28:15 »
Those are all B-52s, he is looking for a civilian airline plane.
Excuse me? :hmm:

Are you talking about the same plane greg147 and I are talking about?  I know a 757 (and a 737, and a 727, and an A319, and an A321, ect) when I see one, and the two planes we posted are 757's

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 06 Mar 2005, 19:59:50 »
No, he is referring to a post by Cletus which contained a few links to B52 pictures.

This post by Cletus has since been deleted, probably by Cletus himself.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 06 Mar 2005, 23:50:20 »
Oh, ok, sorry!  I wasn't able to read the reply.