[ArmA] Gone Native's Civilians by Gone Native
A populated Sahrani or United Sahrani with four working bus lines and as many moving civilian cars as you want, created using just scripts/functions.
Changelog from beta to version 1.0:
- Introduced more iterative loops, which made some .sqf's much smaller
- Use 'isServer' instead of '(local server)', no need to place a gameLogic vehicle any longer
- Use 'createCenter' instead of placing a dummy civilian on map in mission editor
- Added comment lines telling which town or village is populated by a statement to the .sqf's that populate the island. This allows for easy removal of unnecessary population centers by mission makers, or easy enlargement of population centers that need extra civilians
- Solved some issues in the area of Arcadia, Cayo, Tiberia were cars came stuck
- Now and then a few vehicles were driving very slow. Actually this is a 'return to formation' problem that can be solved by separating driver and passengers in distinct groups
- Zodiac playing on the water near Iguana, came stuck in the mud near a bridge. Removed some waypoints that were guiding the Zodiac into too shallow waters
- Two empty Zodiac's at a jetty in Arcadia and on the tiny island of San Tomas are better positioned, so that they actually can be used
- The radio menu allowed the repeated creation of extra moving vehicles in either the north or the south. Unfortunately these were from the fixed type, I changed these to creation of vehicles of a random type
- Removed the two civilians (playable) who where no longer of use, due to above mentioned 'createCenter'
- Added explanation of the isServer and createCenter features to documentation
- Changed code example from "while" to "for" loop
- And some small issues...
View the forum thread for this resource here.
The OFPEC Command Reference contains details of all scripting commands available to the editor.
All you need to know about how to start editing.
This tutorial explains the mysteries of multiplayer editing.
OFPEC hosts several quality tutorials written specifically for the site by staff and members...
Register a tag, browse for addon keys...