Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AMORE Launched  (Read 2409 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
AMORE Launched
« on: 28 May 2003, 12:47:05 »
From Avon's site:

AMORE (Avon's Multimedia for Ofp REpository) is an open source audio file global storage and retrieval solution for Operation Flashpoint. Sounds complicated? Don't worry - it's simple.

There are many music, voice, and sound effect files incorporated into the numerous missions and campaigns released by the OFP mission making community.

Many of these audio files, including but not limited to music tracks and sound effects, are reusable, both by the mission maker that first made use of them and by other mission makers who themselves would like to use those same audio files in their own missions.

Audio files usually make up the bulk of a mission download file's size. Until now, if the same audio file was used in more than one mission, each of those missions had to contain its own copy of that same audio file.

From now on, using AMORE, mission and campaign makers can distribute their audio files separately from their missions. These files will be stored and referenced using AMORE, allowing the same mission maker and all others to globally access these audio files in any future missions they develop.

Check out more information on the project at The Avon Lady's OFP FAQ.

I reckon this is a great initiative, one that should be supported by all of us here at OFPEC. Well done Avon!

Thoughts?
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Stalker

Re:AMORE Launched
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2003, 18:41:04 »
Nice idea. I think Avon should make OFPEC the AMOR distribution center.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 07:15:47 »
That would be great, since there's only so much I could do. Besides, AMORE files are addon files in most senses of the term.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2003, 08:43:55 »
Nice idea. I think Avon should make OFPEC the AMOR distribution center.
Will Red Hammer studios consider making any their future missions AMORE compliant, if applicable?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2003, 10:42:44 »
Avon, we're very flattered that you should consider OFPEC for such a role.   :-*   snYpir is away for a few days but we'll look into it as soon as he gets back.    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2003, 11:04:10 »
I am back.

Avon, you can have whatever you want. Yes, I am that easy ;D

I'll contact u on icq this weekend.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations