Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Look at me when I talk to you!!!  (Read 662 times)

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Look at me when I talk to you!!!
« on: 23 May 2003, 22:29:33 »
Hi there!

It's the ol'Capt'n Crunch with his ol' anoying smelling questions!!!

In this cutscene (in the intro) I'm makin', two guys are havin' a chat but they always look different directions, almost never at each other like it would be so nice to! ;) I first used player DoWatch player2 and vice versa but it didn't work, then I even made a script especially for them to look at eachother like this:

#Loop

player DoWatch player2
player2 DoWatch player

GoTo "Loop"

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(    doesn't work either!

i wish i could make a script to camcreate a bomb to blow under their feet if they don't look at eachother!!! just to make me feel better! ;D but my problem wouldn't be solved would it?

Second problem, in the same cut scene, two soldiers are sitting at a fire. I used several different ways and commands to sit them in the first place and came to make it work, the problem is when I want them to get up! They don't! Well at least not always. Anyone here familiar to these two water boiling problems??

Any help and ideas very welcome!

« Last Edit: 23 May 2003, 22:31:38 by Captain Crunch »
Back to the forest!

Flapje

Re:Look at me when I talk to you!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2003, 23:55:27 »
hmm, it works for me :-\ maybe you should try and type dowatch (without caps), maybe it's case-sensitive... and otherwise you could try the setdir command

Anton VonE

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2003, 04:54:57 »
I'm having the same difficulty half the time...This really sucks because anytime the loon decides to turn around.

...and no, they're not case sensative.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2003, 10:06:16 »
The problem with doWatch is that the command is satisfied as long as the target is within the unit's field of view.     So the unit will turn until the target comes into his peripheral vision, then he will stop turning.

To make the loons stand up, give them a waypoint a few feet away.   There may be a pause before they stand up, doubt there is anything you can do about this.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sentinel

• Contributing Member
  • World is tough and I'm tougher!!
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2003, 13:33:29 »
Have you guys ever heard of sinus, cosinus or tangent? Theit the best friends of editor's. You'll need a little script to make them 'manually' to look each other though I haven't had problems with dowatch. Perhaps dotarget could help too. Check for that trigonometry from your maths books or from your elder sibling's books. They aren't hard to use.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2003, 13:54:25 »
Sentinel is dead on.... use getpos to find the positions of the two loons and then trigonometry and setDir to make them look at each other.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Knut Erik

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2003, 16:09:05 »
Or use the
DisableAI "Move" command.

*NOTE: There is no EnableAI command so the change you do is permanent!

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2003, 17:14:22 »
A million thanx to You guys! :cheers:

Back to the forest!

Knut Erik

« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2003, 17:59:16 »
We're glad to help you out.  ;D
Now if you only could press the little button in the bottom left corner where it stands "Solve Topic" everyone would be happy  8)