Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopter Pilot  (Read 7503 times)

Mr_Shady

Re:Helicopter Pilot
« Reply #30 on: 09 Jun 2003, 03:10:07 »
I like the idea of being a shot down heli pilot and having to move through enemy territory, dodging patrols, contacting AWACS with your TACBE, getting to your exfil point and then marking it with smoke, and watching the CSAR helicopter sweep in and pick you up. That could make for some tense gameplay, since you'd be armed with a pistol at most, and the enemy would be hutning you down.

It could even be adapted into MP, with the helicopter randomly developing an engine fault, bellying out somewhere, then the pilot having to evade a team assigned to capture him, and the CSAR helicopter and the cover team trying to locate and extract him. Of course, you'd need to be able to stop the pilot from hearing friendly or enemy radio chatter, unless perhaps he can contact the friendlies when he's on high ground. That means the enemy can set up ambushes on hills, so it doesn't turn into a race from hill to hill.

Just a little idea I've been toying with  :)

Homefry31464

« Reply #31 on: 09 Jun 2003, 03:26:07 »
Sounds good.

deaddog

« Reply #32 on: 09 Jun 2003, 05:52:48 »
Hey Kooky,

Try this mission:
http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=672

OK, it's a shameless plug for my mission, I admit it.  ;D  Not exactly the way you describe your idea but along the same lines.

:)

eversman

« Reply #33 on: 09 Jun 2003, 21:58:02 »
Kooky good idea... this could be GOOD mission  :D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #34 on: 09 Jun 2003, 23:24:37 »
Of course it would be good, I made it up  ;D

Joking, of course.

eversman

« Reply #35 on: 10 Jun 2003, 23:32:57 »
yeah... i knew that you joking ;D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #36 on: 12 Jun 2003, 18:08:05 »
Nothing like making sure. Sometimes I forget I'm on OFPEC and expect people to get bent out of shape like they do all the time on opflash.org or ofp.info's news comment systems

deaddog

« Reply #37 on: 12 Jun 2003, 19:53:12 »
Nothing like making sure. Sometimes I forget I'm on OFPEC and expect people to get bent out of shape like they do all the time on opflash.org or ofp.info's news comment systems

I'm glad it's not just me who thought that.  :)  I rarely look at the forums at ofplash.org for that very reason.  The rest of the site is nice, though.  

Mr_Shady

« Reply #38 on: 12 Jun 2003, 20:03:40 »
Yeah, I've got into many an argument (usually with editing wannabes who say they can hack OFP's source code and put in all these wonderful things... yeah, right  ::)) on opflash.org.

That's why OFPEC's my regular haunt now.

So, anyway. Back on topic then?

Homefry31464

« Reply #39 on: 12 Jun 2003, 21:24:41 »
Anybody wanna make one?

eversman

« Reply #40 on: 13 Jun 2003, 00:12:31 »
You wanna try do this?

Homefry31464

« Reply #41 on: 13 Jun 2003, 03:49:23 »
I can help a little, but i'm not too good at mission making.  I think we should maybe have a normal mission featuring a helo(s).  An example, you are a Blackhawk pilot at the start of the mission.  You get hit but you land safely.  You, however, are right next to the Russian airbase, which is currently under attack by allied forces.  You must make your way to the airfield.  Once the airfield is taken, the Russian forces on the island will no longer have any viable command center.  One of the Russian commanders is escaping, and you are ordered to take him out.  Just steal a Hind  or something and take him down.  That way, its flying a helo and fighting on the ground.  

-I know its highly unrealistic, but oh well.   I am open for future ideas.

SnakeEye

« Reply #42 on: 13 Jun 2003, 23:21:58 »
Its an idea, mixed missions can be fun    8)

bigdog632

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jun 2003, 08:03:32 »
hows about you attack the airfield in n attack chopper and successfully, but ya dont control it
on the way back a sam disables your helo and ya crash but dont get injured(airbags?)
then the airbase survivors are lookin for a lil revenge and come hunting

SnakeEye

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jun 2003, 09:39:00 »
maybe you'd have dash back and steal a chopper to get home? (or a plane?)     ::)
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2003, 09:42:00 by SnakeEye »