Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign  (Read 7267 times)

bmgarcangel

Re:Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2003, 06:07:02 »
Yes, yes, I want it please.  Send it to my email.  Check my profile for my yahoo! email addresss and email it there.  Don't email it to my MSN one ok Phantom.  

Thanks man.

hooahman

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2003, 06:48:44 »

hooahman

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2003, 22:17:50 »
@BMGARCANGEL
I have found how to create my own islands ;D!!!  Now I will not have to use Desert Malden.  I am going to make an island like Iraq.  

@all
If anyone would like to help me make the island (putting names of cities, hills, etc.) post here.  Thanks

bmgarcangel

« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2003, 23:42:31 »
I'll scan a map for you

hooahman

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2003, 00:00:46 »
I have shaped the island already.  I am 1/5 done texturing it.  Don't worry about the map.  I have a good one on the web I found.  The map will have only the major cities (Basra, Baghdad, Tikrit, Mosul, etc).  Around 10-12 in all.  Go on YM if you see this by 3pm pacific time.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2003, 00:02:04 by hooahman »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2003, 00:04:22 »
Dude, you gota be shitting me.  Do you really know how big Baghdad is?  Hmm, do you.  Its huge ass city.  If you created baghdad or any of the other cities it'll be huge.  And you'll have to make it look professional too you know.  

hooahman

« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2003, 00:08:42 »
Have you seen any of the Somalia maps?  The "Baghdad" won't be as big as the real Baghdad.  That would be impossible.  I am going to make Baghdad 3x-7x bigger than Montignac.  It won't be huge, but enough for my missions.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2003, 00:11:03 »
Thats small as hell dude.  It won't be realistic you know.  You should see the Nogova Lipany city, its the biggest that Bohemia made. But I know others have made
bigger.

hooahman

« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2003, 00:15:14 »
Ok how big should I make it?  After I finish texturing the map  I'll go into OFP and look at Lipany.  Decide how big Baghdad should be.  If you look in WRPEDIT, Baghdad will be around 6x6 cells.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2003, 00:16:35 by hooahman »

Phantom

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2003, 00:20:43 »
you've got the baghdad problem, AND the fact that tikrit and mosul are the opposite side of the country from basra, baghdad is smack dab in the middle. are you gonna have some hugely congested map?

bmgarcangel

« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2003, 00:24:46 »
thats what i was wondering too.  Look, just build Baghdad and the closest city next to it along with a highway.  Build a big baghdad taking most of the map up and make it detail.  Have the river going through it too.  Then people would be impressed.  Make different islands for the Basra  one.

hooahman

« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2003, 00:33:12 »
Then I deffinatley need some help...making the maps that is ;)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2003, 00:33:36 by hooahman »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2003, 02:02:07 »
Find a island, download it, if it look professionally done then go to the readme and get the makers email and ask him for help on your island.  Anyways dude, like you just begun making islands so don't rush into things  ;)

hooahman

« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2003, 03:32:22 »
That is a good idea BMGARCANGEL.  I spent like 2 hours on the map and now when I try to re-open it in wrpedit it says performed an illegal operation >:(.  I was even 1/4 way done anyways.  I think I'll post a topic in the wrpedit section for help.

Phantom

« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2003, 05:48:53 »
www.r-s-p.org/files/B2ZSAS.zip
this is the SAS soldier Spider made for my bravo two zero mod a while back.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/al-asad.htm
for the Al Asad maps.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/index.html
for a while bunch of other shit