Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Campaign  (Read 5677 times)

ocnick

BAS Campaign
« on: 30 Apr 2003, 18:48:24 »
I'm going to start working on a campaign using the delta and ranger BAS addons.  If anyone wants to help or throw me some mission ideas, my e-mail is o_cnick@yahoo.com

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:BAS Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2003, 00:43:37 »
Why not investigate the history of these two great units and find a mission that both recreates an actual battle and also brings out the best in OFP?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2003, 11:16:05 »
excluding black hawk down please

Tigershark

« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2003, 03:39:14 »
Col.

I've always thought that Nogova would have lent itself to a nice Grenada type campaign.

There are some missions (carried out in particular by Navy SEALS) that would make some great OFP mission made with Delats/Rangers instead.

Do a little research  ;)

Black Operative

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2003, 13:37:41 »
Unfortunately OFP has too unprecise a controlling for well-placed movement in building and NPC soldiers have such a bad AI when it comes to CQBs. This makes realistic Delta missions in OFP quite hard to make. :(

Skaven

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2003, 14:22:26 »
Quite hard YES, impossible NO  :)

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2003, 03:11:06 »
delta is a Special Recovery Unit guys, not just CT as everyone is told. they could be recovering anything, not just people, and it doesn't have to be in a building

Black Operative

« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2003, 02:43:22 »
delta is a Special Recovery Unit guys, not just CT as everyone is told. they could be recovering anything, not just people, and it doesn't have to be in a building

Well, sorry, you're right Phantom. Now that I've read the "Delta Force" chapter of the book "The Commandos" I am much more enlightened about this unit. Delta is indeed a true COMMANDO unit that can do practically everything ranging from hostage rescue over sabotage and reconaissance to bodyguarding and covert espionage.

btw: Phantom, I'm getting the German version of "Inside Delta Force" tomorrow morning! :)

krey

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2003, 03:48:35 »
I saw a movie called THE WILD GEESE,it was about a team of mercs who go into africa to get a kidnapped politician from rebels. They get him ok. but the guy who hired them double-crossed them and left them without extraction while the enemy was in hot pursuit.

Anyway, great movie, starred Richard Burton, Richard Harris (Man Called Horse) and Roger Moore and some others you would know.

Lots of action...

Krey  (BAS Rocks!)

bmgarcangel

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2003, 05:08:25 »
Well, guys, I built a missions were enemy soldiers ( A.I. soldiers ) are fighting you in pretty much close quarters combat.  Its bassically you go into this one town and people from windows above you start shooting MG's, people from cracks in between buildings, and other people charging or hiding in the buildings.  I know how to make good A.I. fight is close quarters.  But the mission will be awhile.  The Visnorsk mission pack ( as it is called ) will not be released for another two or four weeks  ;D

SnakeEye

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2003, 09:12:15 »
Sounds great, would go well with the A/Mh 6 Littlebird addon.  

:-\
« Last Edit: 24 May 2003, 16:36:23 by SnakeEye »

hooahman

« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2003, 18:32:44 »
Read Rainbow 6 by Tom Clancy.  You could use some of the missions from his book in your campaign ;).  Instead of Rainbow 6 operatives you have Delta operatives. ;D

bmgarcangel

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2003, 18:41:16 »
 :Dhehe rainbow six ;)

SnakeEye

« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2003, 18:42:49 »
Great idea, i've read that book. Would make some intresting missions.

:)

may be a little hard though...     ::)
« Last Edit: 24 May 2003, 18:45:31 by SnakeEye »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2003, 18:52:03 »
I could build alot of those stuff, but i'm occupyied.  I have built lots of CB battles in towns  Its hard to make but fun in the end  ;D ;)