Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Campaign  (Read 5710 times)

hooahman

Re:BAS Campaign
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2003, 19:31:01 »
The only problem with R6 missions is most of the stuff in the book is indoors.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2003, 19:55:02 »
And thats my thing that i'm good at.  Making indoor fighting and having the A.I. be able to react fast enough :)

hooahman

« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2003, 21:36:21 »
How do you make the A.I. better indoors? I didn't kno you could even place them indoors...

bmgarcangel

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2003, 23:12:42 »
you can.  You just set them outside at the begining of a mission, them teleport them to the downstairs part and make them face that way, setunitpos up, setbehaviour combat, skill70 or 80, and hehe watch out ;)

Black Operative

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2003, 00:49:45 »
Can you also make your team move precise enough for CQB? Can you make them enter buildings? Walk up stairs?  :-\

deaddog

« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2003, 01:40:25 »
The problem with placing units indoors is that they have a nasty habit of poking their head through a wall and shooting you.  OFP limitation, I suppose.  Nothing is more frustrating than walking by a building and then getting shot in the back from some guy "indoors".  >:(

bmgarcangel

« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2003, 01:59:50 »
Well, you guys, you have to create big building, building like huge office ones and then units will follow you SoMeTiMeS and if you make the enemy face a direction at all times then he will not shoot you while looking through the wall the the same time.  :D

You know, it seems as if everything someone says I have to answer in this forum  :P

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2003, 18:03:56 »
how about 'why do u act so big headed'?  ;)

units can enter buildings by placing a move waypoint (or whatever) and thens selection position and a number - each number corresponds to a posistion in the house - mess around and see what works best
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

eversman

« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2003, 23:47:15 »
Grenada campaign... sounds OK. You should try.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #24 on: 29 May 2003, 00:41:49 »
indeed - the OFPEC campaign looked at this as a possible story line - but unfortunatly it was mostly all spec ops (including a very interesting prison raid in georgetown - been there, awesome scenary)

would be very good for the BAS gear tho
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

bmgarcangel

« Reply #25 on: 29 May 2003, 05:45:44 »
Sad what happened to delta at that compound, some helos got shot down by AA fire and some other things and alot of our men were killed.  You know Special Forces against a huge army isn't the way you want it, a first strike before to soften it all up would have been better.

Phantom

« Reply #26 on: 29 May 2003, 09:17:33 »
i'd reply, but i'm sick of talking about how the military's stupid mistakes should've been done the first time.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #27 on: 30 May 2003, 00:42:29 »
ya, me too, I guess  :-\

PBA12511

« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2003, 03:25:07 »
Hey BMG, nice of you to steal this dudes ost by replying with stuff about your own campaign, make your own topic, dont steal peoples topics. And although off topic Delta does everything, although they are ment to be anti terroist strictly. Grenada does sound good, although it did get kind of screwey. My dad knows someone who was CIA and jumped into Grenada wearing civvie clothes and un armed, he was to gather intelligence about a building. When he entered the building (a factory) several soldiers ran onto the walkways over him (some how they 'found out' that he was coming) so he grabbed an AK out of a gun rack in a closet and busted some caps in their asses  ;D. But any ways the army does screw some stuff up.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2003, 15:53:35 »
How about making a BAS campaign based on Panama?