Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Did this ever happend......  (Read 1505 times)

kris

Did this ever happend......
« on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:10:40 »
just before i stopped playing ofp (got my head toghter so started playing it again :) ) there whas supose to be a OFP Oscar or something, like a best ofp movie, did this ever happend? If not....what you waiting for?!?!? :P

asmodeus

Re:Did this ever happend......
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:29:31 »
whoa!   :o

Out of the fogs of time...    ::)   ;)

That was awhile back!  Uhm...  I'm not quite sure on this.. But I do remember seeing the "voting page" back when I was first getting into editing...  And I think I remember seeing the results, but at that time I didn't know too many people around these parts.    

Mebbe one of the "vets" will remember more clearly...    :)

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2003, 23:34:06 »
yeah dere was somin like dat long time ago ;D

i think we shud do it again (as long as i win ::))

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2003, 00:28:48 »
Yeh, the OFPEC Oscarsâ„¢ ;D

Great idea, though I don't recall there actually being any winners or ceremony. I think site development got in the way or something... ::)

Gameer

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2003, 00:57:00 »
*ofpec vet steps in*

the whole ofpec oscars was invented, and managed by tigershark. Before a proper voting system for the real thing was introduced and implemented, he took retirement from ofpec and stayed in the background, concentrating on real life and BAS.

since then, then new change of servers to Hubba's server etc, means that the oscars are most likely long gone... which is a sad sad thing, because it would have been nice to reward the brilliant members we have in the community.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

kris

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2003, 01:17:34 »
well if there is an interest for not why not try and get it going, i myself cant even make a intro..lol, but would be happy to help out if needed.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2003, 07:40:33 »
I was a good idea and still is, but I think everyone was supriced by the amount of work that had to be put in on building the voting system and everything.

I'd like to see the OFPEC Oscars back before the OFP2 is launched, but right now I don't see it happening; There's just too much more important stuff to do.
Not all is lost.

kris

« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2003, 01:36:11 »
Does it realy need some uber complex voting system? make/put for download/vote :)