Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Donations accepted!!!  (Read 5846 times)

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
Re:Donations accepted!!!
« Reply #15 on: 21 Jul 2003, 05:00:22 »
Hi

My mom recently sold our house so im coming into a large mount of money

$50,000

So i think ill be able to spare ofpec some money because apart from my house ofpec is my second home.
so now my house is gone one of the lucky administrators is about to get a flat mate

hahahahaha

Thanx

ill send some money soon

Tim
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2003, 12:59:36 »
Hi again

Umm hubba this question is for you, how would i go about making a large cash donation.

Sui said i should ask you or tigershark about this

thanks
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline hubba

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2003, 21:58:38 »
The simplest way to do it is probably through Paypal or Kagi. They do have a upper limit but you can always do multiple donations =)

That way everything comes in through the right channels.

And to answer an earlier post re: how much do we really need. Currently our monthly cost for just running the server is $150 (it fluctuates a little). This is only the costs for running. Added to that are hardware upgrades & fixes which is harder to calculate.

The things i'd like to do now is get a new MB, Mem & CPU and set up OFPEC on a faster box and have the current box only be DB server. This would improve the speed quite a bit (since the DB part is taking a huge toll right now and have priority over the httpd).

All donations are greatly appreciated but don't worry. OFPEC won't disappear in the forseeable future.

/HuBBa

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2003, 11:35:30 »
Hi guys !    

I wonder that if Ofpec is giving donating members a symbolic gift or some simple but meaningful thing in terms of appreciation-beyond-nice-words? I see your cynically smiling faces at the moment.

lolls don't get me wrong please, I'm not opportunist but come on, imagine yourself as a donating member, and confess wouldn't it be a fabulous sentiment to have a special mission / script or just a game cinematic ( intro or outro ) which is only sent to donating members?  

Lolls my profession is advertising so brands and perception is my job indeed. Therefore trust me about this issue. I claim that this works very well and donations can increase.

"substantial appreciation reinforces attitudes - and therefore - behaviors"

so long,

-gokistanis

« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 22:54:50 by Gökhan - OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION »